Firefly post transferred..

Discuss anything about your favourite books, TV, films, cinema, theatre, music, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Firefly post transferred..

Post by cowsmanaut »

OT from DM : Firefly
January 19 2003 at 4:06 PM
No score for this post beowuuf (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just discovered this new TV show and it's already been put on 'hiatus'! (See my little rant rant on the Encyclopaedia:
http://dmweb.free.fr/Forum/read.php?f=9&i=302&t=302 )

Anyone else know it/know about it/seen it/like it/etc?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts. Respond to this message

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author Reply
cowsmanaut
(no login)
ewww
No score for this post January 20 2003, 7:24 AM

I've seen it.. I really didn't get into the whole cowboy in space thing. It just seemed a little too forced to me. wasn't any sense of cohesion between the genres.

just my two cents..

Now if we were talking about Farscape.. there is a scifi show. It too is being canceled..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

beowuuf
(no login)
Re: ewww
No score for this post January 26 2003, 12:00 PM

Actually, I never noticed the two genres clashing, it has been pointed out, and I agree with it, that sci-fi tends to be an extension of the western soemtimes anyway. Plus it's more jsu ta drama : )

Firefly is character driven, because it has a decent sized enseamble cast, so interaction,growing to knwo and like the characters etc is a large part of going from liking to loving the show!
If you ever get the chance I would recommend watching a few more just so you get a good feel for it : )

Farscape I was lucky enough to see 'Cracker's Don't Matter' and got hooked from there on - the fourth series hasn't grabbed me as much as previous ones, but still watch it, would still love to get hold of series one at some point along the line.
Dark Angel, Farscape and now Firefly - is there anything good in the world of sci-fi that doesn't get cancelled?

cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

Well actually, Birds of Prey is being cancelled now too... so I guess nothing stays long anymore.. at least nothing I like :/

All I have left is smallville (which for the entire first season I had no idea it was superman so missed it all) and Enterprise. Oh.. and Buffy but it's on its way out soon I imagine.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yah, my friend said he got into the episodes of birds of prey he's seen so daresay i will get to see it too

Buffy is still uncertain, but at the least the series is setting up for a closure at the end of this season, whether that closure is permenant or simply acts as a turnign point for a new season/series remains to be seen
There's even some rumours about angel, but it seems to be quite a strong show so cancelling that would be quite stupid
Enterprise I've only seen the first few of in series two, so can't comment on how well it's going, but people seem to think its not as strong as it started out...

I followed Smallville and when it was good it was good, though sometimes it degenerated into 'x-files like mutated person of the week' - I might get into it again if channel four ever show it again!

Lol, of the non sci-fi american shows only West Wing and the next 24 are the only things I'm waiting to see on tv....and I think I'll have to wait for a good long time with terrestrial tv!

I heard tell that a show called 'Miracles' is quite good, a more spiritual x-files...seen it/ any thoughts?
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

well, smallville, buffy and enterprise are the only things I watch religiously. Birds of prey (when it's not a repeat and when I remember it's on) Stargate (which I know people who work on it so it's neat to watch, and I loved (own) the movie.) and Farscape.. (again when I remember its on) are those that I watch and enjoy but it hasn't gotten to the *must* category for watching yet.

I find that I need to depend on movies to get a good scifi or fantasy fix. Though even those get rather dissapointing of late. The best we have is the new startrek movie and the new matrix movie (hope it's worth it) on the scifi end and the Fantasy end seems to have LOTR: two towers and Harry potter.. other than that it's mostly things that don't really interest me.

moo