RTC rocks

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

RTC rocks

Post by beowuuf »

RTC has shaped up very nicely, getting closer to feeling exactly like DM. I now love the lighting effect, it is subtle but great.

Is it the intention to have RTC split in two, with a 'proper' and 'improved' DM. Things like the lighting and independant creatures groups, while not feeling like DM, are nice improvements that would be a shame to lose for adhering to the original DM engine.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: RTC rocks

Post by beowuuf »

I like the new effects in v0.04, especially the parabolic effect for thrown objects.

The monster independancy is growing on me, I can't wait to see later nastier monsters use it effectively, someone low on health running away just to loop round and attac kfrom behind, etc etc...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I am definately bouncing around at RTC now...playing through it (apart from the slower speed) felt really good. Lots of this might have to do with hearing sounds again! The footfalls especially got a big smile. The sounds are good enough quality as is (ok, i have small speakers but seem fine), the stats reduction, and object pickign up feel spot on now, while the new touches are all great additions rather than detractions...I haven't switched off any when playing.

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

As soon as I checked out changes for 0.07, and saw the initialisation/override options I was excited. RTC is defiantely shaping up really well. I got goosebumps adding the power runes to the spell book! Two things about the rune system, while definately challenging, it feels
1) very right gameplay wise (the spellbook was defiately a good idea, rather than the loose scrolls that would niggle at the mind from playing)
2) DM like...it seems a natural part of the game rather than something odd bolted on. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but i certainly think the spellbook is well done - so congrates drake too!

Sniff, shame about the gold key thing in the DM level..i want to play it through!

fuzzydodge
Neophyte

Rtc rocks

Post by fuzzydodge »

Hello Gilbert
First : Great good super job !! Yes RTC rocks totaly!
Now I'am be able to play DM originaly with my
(sometimes shitty) SBLive!
I also get stuck at the Gold-Key door...
O.K. It's fixed now.
But to fast Food/Water consumtion makes me down .
Please decrease it .
Nice !! I hear the steps of the monsies i have
missed in DMjava ,also a great super job from Alandale.
Boys: We love you for this good jobs !!
It would also be fine to see in RTC the nice Graphic
i have seen on DMclone... Is it possible to build in?
Ahem,sorry,i missed sometimes the themes.. some things
belongs better to suggestions.
So i post it here! (excuse me,not in bugs!)
Please, perhaps there is a possibility also to create
a CSB-Dungeon ?? It's (snief) never released for PC...
And some people could not play DM2 with SBLive..

Thank you very much
Andy
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

LOL the food/water thing is very debatable...the thought is to leave it until someone can say something more quantifiable than too fast/too slow, and paeople actually agree to a rate. I was sleeping halk alot and found his stats not moving too much! But my other party seemed to consume food as normal...

One of the points of a clone is to get CSB PC, so worry not...