Playability

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Big-J-Q
Adept

Playability

Post by Big-J-Q »

I found about RTC today, and I must confess I'm quite pleased. An original DM with working sounds, way cool!

Anyway, I was wondering...

1) Can the original Dungeon Master-dungeon be completed? Can I go and defeat Lord Chaos once again without any bug that keeps me from winning?

2) When is the editor and the CSB-dungeon coming?-)

3) I assume that the DM-dungeon is 100% genuine?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Playability

Post by beowuuf »

1) At the moment there is a problem in the DM.rtc file so you can't get passed level 4, but using the previous DM.rtc file:

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/beowuuf/DMrtc. ... rtc.zip</a>

is fine, and should let the game be completed.

3) 100% genuine? If you mean that everything is as the original dungeon.dat in the DM.rtc file, then it's 99.99999999%, as George has painstakingly added every object and monster. The game engine obviously has slight differences, by choice or just because it is a work in progress.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Big-J-Q
Adept

Post by Big-J-Q »

1) It seems I have to concentrate on Baldur's Gate for a while, since I can't download that file of yours... (page not available) But let's assume I got that; Would I have to start from the beginning once again, or would I be able to continue my save?

3) Hmm 99,999...% is genuine enough for me.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Man, I hate Yahoo/geocities!
Ok, the link that worked that I pasted straight from my browser is:

www.geocities.com/beowuuf/DMrtc.zip

copy and paste and cross fingers : )
Yes, any saved game from the v0.09 dungeon will have the level 4 fault built in : ( So you will have to play again from the start.

Hope this one works for you, have fun!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!