Mr.George sir.. :)

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Mr.George sir.. :)

Post by cowsmanaut »

Hey there, uhm I had an idea...

As I said before I would like to see my wallitem graphics on the walls so I know how it all looks together. This would help a great deal in choosing colour and setting up things like how light or dark something should be..

Now I know you aren't at a point that you can do this with RTC.. but this can be done with NewDM..yes?

Is there any chance you could provide me with as text map and text files that would allow me to display one of each item in a dungeon just for visualisation purposes. I've been getting an increasing number of requests both over ICQ, email, and on my forum for the graphics set I started.

I myself don't fully understand how the scripting works.. not well enough to do it on my own yet anyway.. I don't need it right away obviously. I have my animation which is taking a lot of my free time... but when you have a moment and if it's not too much of a hassle.

thanks in advance..
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Re: Mr.George sir.. :)

Post by George Gilbert »

That's Dr. George I think you mean; I'm still working on the knighthood ;-)

I think that NewDM already fully does what you suggest - have a look at how the wall gratings are marked out in the script files and do a copy and paste job on it.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

erm sir Dr.George the 1st...

Post by cowsmanaut »

ok I'll look into it but I seem to remember spending a wekk trying to figure out how to put up a portrait in a mirror with out it crashing when I loaded it. I have three text files I need to edit I think. no wait.. four.. or is it more?