can i change the original Dm to the multilingual vers.?

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
VGAroxxx
Neophyte

can i change the original Dm to the multilingual vers.?

Post by VGAroxxx »

hi,

was just searching for some older games i prefered in the past and found your work, mentioned that there is the english version of the original DM included...

is there any opportunity to change this to the multilingual vers.?
i think, correct me if i'm wrong, that the DM_original.rtc is something like a container in which the gamefiles are included, is there any editor with which i can change the content??

waitin for reply

VGAroxxx
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: can i change the original Dm to the multilingual vers.?

Post by beowuuf »

RTC is an seperate clone from DM, programmed from scratch, so doesn't use any of the original files.

The RTC version of DM uses a slightly altered magic system. (which requires a spell book to store the runes used)....by original DM it means one using the usual rules of DM (you have the runes available from the start).

If you want to play the original multi-language DM for the PC, you can download it from the DM Encyclopoedia (http://dmweb.free.fr) in the Games Setup section
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
amaprotu
Adept

Post by amaprotu »

This does bring up an interesting concept though.

Is there anyway to make alternate language dungeons? I can think of two ways of doing this:

Seperate text files: For example the default would be english.lng but someone could make a espanol.lng file and specify its use in the .ini file.

Text included in the dungeon file: It seems to a large extent this must already be the case. Maybe interface text could be included in this too? Or is it?

It may be that a combination of both startegies is whats needed. I also realize that neither of these would really help for languages not representable by ASCII text.
- Amaprotu
VGAroxxx
Neophyte

Post by VGAroxxx »

i've got the original sold version of DM multilingual, just thought i could but it into the RTC version, so i would have one menu to manage all the DM stuff :wink: )

btw, think the Java version is really great, also the enemys are a lot harder :wink:

ok, thx for the replys anyways

VGAroxx