About the beholders..

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Redfax
Neophyte

About the beholders..

Post by Redfax »

Or Whatever those multi-eyed monsters are called?

Thanks for the great game! I have waited for this a long time.

However I think that the beholders (Yellow multi-eyed flying monsters) are a bit too tough compared to original (Amiga) version. They shoot bit too powerful lightnings and they shoot them quite far away. I konw it's not a big deal, but one of those killed my whole party with three lightnings. (I was slow ;-D) And the same monster shot over 20 lightning bolts in a row..
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: About the beholders..

Post by beowuuf »

I'd agree somewhat, the lightning bolts are slightly more damaging in RTC. Maybe this should get moved to the bugs section for discussion?

At some point one of us will have to quanitfy things like this, rather than just 'slightly harder, slightly more, slightly less'...I also think that the dragon's fireballs are much tougher now, and don't vary as much in power, so one hit can demolish a party.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Redfax
Neophyte

Post by Redfax »

You are right, but detailed description is hard to make. I'd say that the beholders I remember usually shot such a weak lightnings that they would run out of power during flight. And when a lightning hit the party, it most of the times damaged only the person it hit (left or right character in a front row).
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I think it's better that way... the Wizard's Eyes as they are called were pretty weedy in DM; it's better that they are more dangerous in RTC.