Kid Dungeon / Kiddie Dungeon?

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
karimo40
Neophyte

Kid Dungeon / Kiddie Dungeon?

Post by karimo40 »

Hello, I'm new to this board. I originally played DM on my Apple IIGS. There was an insert in the game package that instructed the user to hold down 'option' or some similar key during boot-up to load the "kid" or "kiddie" dungeon, I forget the exact name. This was a big hit with my younger siblings since it was simply laid out, had a ton of cool items (many of which I never found in the main game), and was easy. It also had a dragon you could kill just like the one found toward the end of DM.

Was this some bonus just for the IIGS version of this game or do other people remember this? Has it been modeled in RTC by any chance?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Kid Dungeon / Kiddie Dungeon?

Post by Gambit37 »

Hi there, and welcome! It's always good to see new (old!) DM fans find the online community!

Yep, the Kid Dungeon was only in the Apple IIgs version of DM.

I recently extracted the data files for this dungeon from the original game, and they can now be used with CSB Win and PC DM. If you don't know, CSB Win is a windows port of the original Atari game, and is a great way of playing DM on modern computers. Find it here:

<a href="http://dmweb.free.fr/CSBForWindowsLinux ... nux.htm</a>

Check out this thread on The Dungeon Master Encyclopedia for the link to the Kid dungeon:

<a href="http://dmweb.free.fr/Forum/read.php?f=7 ... 2&t=242</a>

I am also converting the Kid dungeon to RTC format, and it'll be ready in a week or so. I'll post a note stating when it's done and where you can get it from.
lectricpharaoh
Neophyte

Post by lectricpharaoh »

It's been a long, long week. :)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

About two years long!