V0.15/0.16 CSB & imports?

General messages about RTC and it's development.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

V0.15/0.16 CSB & imports?

Post by Lunever »

Since only V0.16 seems to include CSB but only V0.15 is recommended as stable and playable, I´d like to know, in how far these version are compatible with each other, and whether it is possible to port savegames and characters from one version to the other.
I´d also like to know, whether there exists a tool or possibility to import saved games from an original DM session or a DMuted dungeon.
<p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: V0.15/0.16 CSB & imports?

Post by beowuuf »

HTML Comments are not allowed
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Dunno what Beowuuf was messing about at there.... :wink:

There are no tools to convert DMute dungeons and/or characters from save games into RTC. It's possible that someone might write a converter in the future, but I doubt it.

I haven't tried taking characters from v015 to v016 - I think that in theory it's possible. Don't think you can go back the other way though. You should really consider all these versions to be works in progress, and as such shouldn't expect compatibility between any release of RTC.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Oh, I do see all these version as a project in progress and as a great thing too. Yet before I start to play RTC 15 I have to know whether I can convert 15 to 16 for I am very keen playing the RTC CSB with old DM veterans (makes me feel somewhat nostalgic).
So, having 2 directories, one with 15 and one with 16, what files do I have to transfer to move characters or savegames from 15 to 16 (if at all compatible) ?
I´d also like to know what exactly beowuuf is complaining about here.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

I'm afraid there's no possibility of convertion between V0.15 and V0.16 (or V0,17 for that matter). I decided quite a while back that with the limited time I have spend on RTC it would be better all round to improve the latest version than to spend time making it backwardsly compatible with older versions.

I will probably leave V0.15 up right up until V1.0 comes out; any inbetween releases will almost certainly not be compatible with each other :-(
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Too bad, for compatibility, especially to DMute would have truly expanded the world of DM, but I can understand that you don´t have infinite time. To support you I´ll soon gather some Archmasters armed with great axes to raid the treasure stores of some banks so you don´t have to do unimportant things loke working anymore ;-)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

hated by this thread!

Post by beowuuf »

lol, the first message is replaced by a fairly surreal message (must have had angle bracket typo) and my second message from work just disappeared..freaky

umm, well by now not worth repeating my points : )
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!