RTC CSB Level 3 and teleporting skeletons

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Arnaud
Neophyte

RTC CSB Level 3 and teleporting skeletons

Post by Arnaud »

<br>I have a problem in this zone, in order to open an iron door i have to teleport a skeleton to the other side of this gate and destroy it.<br><br>And i remember the skeleton gets blasted by lightning when it was teleported, but it doesn't happened.<br><br>I tried with a lot of skeletons and now they are numerous from the other side of the iron door and i can't kill anyone by throwing daggers and other things.<br><br>Is my party over ? <p></p>
billgus
Journeyman

Re: Level 3 and teleporting skeleton.

Post by billgus »

This is very intricate puzzle. Try poison cloud spells. Once one dies, the door will open.

I haven't be able to get the skeletons to step into the teleport square. You must have some secret.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Level 3 and teleporting skeleton.

Post by Gambit37 »

Two points:

Poison Cloud has no effect on skeletons, and it doesn't go through grates anyway. You need Poison Foe (des ven)--although it doesn't actually poison skeletons (how can it--they have no flesh!), it does do a small amount of impact damage.

Second, I haven't played CSB in RTC yet, but it's possible that there's a bug here as George is continually refining the dungeon. Has anyone else been able to do it?
Arnaud
Neophyte

It works...

Post by Arnaud »

Thanks, the DES VEN works perfectly.

For billgus, in order to get the skeleton step into the teleport square i user the staff of claw and Confuse the skeleton.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Re: It works...

Post by Lunever »

Yet these puzzles are not working as properly as in FTL because in RTC monsters are much more resistant to fear and have a slightly different pattern of movement when fleeing.
Monsters, especially weak undead like mummies and skeletons should be more susceptible to fear and should not take a 180-degree turn when blocked while fleeing but a random 90-degree turn.
<p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.