Vexing Vexirk

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Vexing Vexirk

Post by Lunever »

Did anyone ever manage to make Hint Oracle 096 about cornering the Vexing Vexirk in CSB Neta Lvl 08 work? And if so, does it have any advantage before killing it?

<p>Komm zur bunten Seite der Macht! </p>
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
billgus
Journeyman

Re: Vexing Vexirk

Post by billgus »

I had a similar question after looking at the sources. There are two chests that teleport into that area. Each is triggered by some stuff that is a Vexirk in a corner. One corner is at the Altar back near the 4-way. The other is the alcove near the teleporter.

I haven't a clue how you could do either except hope they wander there while you're running around avoiding them.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You need to watch the path you use, as there are hidden teleporters that make the vexirk look like it is doing a chaos teleport...but with a calm, warcry, etc and patience and some protective spells you should be able to push it towards the altar
The teleporter one is simpler, as you can lure it to attack you throguh the door, closing it as it enters with you, then simply chase it aroudn the room
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Yes, I know, but yet I wasn't able to do it in RTC. So what I'd need to know is whether someone managed to do it not in FTL-CSB or CSBWin, but actually in RTC, so I may know whether there is a difference between the original dungeon and RTC or whether I did something wrong.

Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

I just had a closer look upon that part of the dungeon with DMute, but I don't see everything in DMute since I do not know the hex part of tiles very well.
So what is confusing me at that superficial try of understanding that part of the dungeon: There are not 2 but actually 3 Vexirks ready to teleport in. So how exactly is this gonna work?