Object cycling

Questions about how to create your own dungeons and replacement graphics and sounds.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Object cycling

Post by beowuuf »

George, you stated that objects have the ability to cycle a graphics set in multiples of 0.2seconds.

1) Does this set behave like a normal object? Can a wall fountain with cycling graphics be hidden behind a blank wall tile until revealed, for example (like the alcove in The Riddle Room).

2) What is the scope of this? Does it apply to anything (wall objects, floor tiles, items in the hand)?
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Re: Object cycling

Post by George Gilbert »

Erm, havn't written all the code for this yet, but certainly yes to the first; the cycling is (will be) totally independent of anything else. The second I'm not so sure about - probably yes, but I might change my mind about that with respect to the tile class of graphic (i.e. those that you can't over-ride at the moment).
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It would be cool if (2) is implemented - fully animated items would be very nice indeed - fancy a flaming Fury anyone? :)
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

/yes, you noticed that too. The one place that it's hardest to implement the moving graphics (namely the object icons) is the one place that they'd be most useful!

Doh.