Frightened screamers

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Frightened screamers

Post by beowuuf »

Screamers now run away, which never happened with DM (they got bored, but never ran...), and if this is a new idea it happens too soon - evrey screamer ran after one blow.

Also , I countn't seem to hit them with weapons if they in the back row of the tile.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Re: Frightened screamers

Post by George Gilbert »

All monsters (currently) try to run away if you hit them for more than 50% of their health in a single blow (or fireball or whatever) - perhaps this needs toning down a bit?

No you can't hit them if they're in the back row of a tile - they can't hit you, so you can't hit them ;-)
Again - perhaps this needs changing though...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I prefer what you've done here George. This is one of the changes that will make RTC more realistic than DM, as it suggests that monsters are more intelligent.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

This is a good idea..I wondered if it was something like this. Rather than toning it down you could make it level dependant...the deeper the level, the more intelligent likely traits like this are to occur. Combine it with the usual moral checks (I only noticed very recently that monsters actually check out party numbers compared to their own in dealing with running) and you'll have some very annoying reatures to deal with.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.04

Monsters now have individual "fear" ratings. Some creatures fight to the death, others run as soon as you hit them; most are somewhere inbetween.