The FireStaff (v0.04)

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

The FireStaff (v0.04)

Post by Gambit37 »

I've just been messing around with this in Dungeon Master/DMute and found out the following, which I never knew before:

A character loses mana points when casting Invoke using the FireStaff. The amount actually varies depending on the Wizard skill level of the caster, which would make sense. Character's with low magic experience would need a lot of magic effort to control the Firestaff.

Novice: -4 mana
Apprentice: -3 mana
JourneyMan: -2 mana
Craftsman (and all higher levels): -1 mana

Obviously, it's not possible to go lower than Novice as the FireStaff adds two levels to all skills. Can you implement this in RTC George?

Also, the recovery time for Fuse and Fluxcage in DM is very fast. For Fuse, it's probably half a second or so, for Fluxcage it's nearly instant. In RTC these are much longer and makes it very hard to kill Chaos - though maybe that's not a bad thing...?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: The FireStaff (v0.04)

Post by beowuuf »

Also, I'm sure I'm not imagining when when I find that if you have mana, then invoke spells are larger, while if you are reduced to 0 mana then invoke spells remain small in power.

I don't remember if all staff and wands spells do this too (I think they do, I'll have to check) though it's only 1 or 2 points aswell.

Oh, and there is an additional effect of fuse that was always handy...I don't know if this is implemented, or anyone would want it to be, but it's that the fuse acts as a large dispel. Boy was that ever handy for those fire elementals.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I thought everyone knew about Fuse being the equivalent of Des Ew. It's certainly the easiest way to get rid of the Black Flames on level 13, and the only way I have ever bothered to attack them. Anyone else have alternative uses for the Firestaff?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.05