Fire in a dark room

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Fire in a dark room

Post by cowsmanaut »

I thought I would see if there was a light effect yet on fireballs so went down in full darkness and fired off one at the mummy.. well no light effect.. hmmm I put a torch in hand and low and behold.. mr. Mummy is still alive too!!

From what I remember that mummy has died from one lo power fireball every time.. but not this time. Did the fireball not happen? It didn't tell me that I couldn't 'cast this wizard spell yet' .. no sound to test if it launched or hit..

Anyone else get this?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Re: Fire in a dark room

Post by George Gilbert »

The lighting effect of fireballs scales with the power of the fireball - casting a << level one probably won't make that much difference to the overall light level; perhpas this needs changing though?

The power of fireballs is also randomised (say a level 1 one will do 20-60 points of damage, a level 2 one will do 60-100 etc etc) so I guess you just got unlucky with that one. However as a general point the mummies anti-fire rating does need dropping substantially, I think I just set it at a default 50%...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I like this new feature you've added George - it certainly adds something to the overall ambience. I don't think the effect is very smooth though - perhaps the delay between each step should be shorter??
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed the mummy fire resistance for V0.05; the other stuff needs extensive work though...