Monster sprites and AI (v0.07)

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Monster sprites and AI (v0.07)

Post by beowuuf »

The dragon's side graphic has an odd drawing in the shadow, like a second foot is visible under the first front raised one

Some creatures are exhibiting yellow spots that look strange - the dragon has one at the back, on the trailing foot obscuring it's claw, while Oitu's show them t each leg join when attacking.

This was reported for Animated Armours and demons, but in general the side drawing of any creaure seems to be done wrongly. Firstly they are drawn centred on that the front or back of the tile, and secondly I think the back drawing is being scaled to the size of the back one and vice versa, so that creatures on the back tile facing to the side look too tall for the dungeon

In DM Golems occupied the full square, now they occupy half (not complaining, it's interestign to be double teamed!)

Monsters are staying to one side when attacking, and never moving from this localtion...if they start in the centre they will soon move off of it. I think monsters should jitter from side to side to catch parties with low (or single) numbers, and also I think that while it should be a very low probability of a monster centering on a tile, it should then be a low probability of it moving away again.

A general AI quirk that is annoying is that, like in EOTB, monsters seem determined to attack the party from the directio nthey are facing. Noticed monstly in Oitu's, Scorpions and Rats because I wasn't going toe to toe with them, if you sidestep then they will turn and walk infront, rather than hesitating, or better yet sliding down the side of you walking in the direction they faced. This makes it rediculously easy to take them out as if you have a clear space them you can just rocxk back and forth totally safe from them. The only creature I have seen not doing this is the dragon...one slide down my side without thinking.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Re: Monster sprites and AI (v0.07)

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.08