Tapping on the wall

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lubor Kolar
Artisan

Tapping on the wall

Post by Lubor Kolar »

I would like to have tapping on the wall like CSB had in RTC.
For those who do not know what I am talking about:
When I want to check, if the wall I see is illusionary (false) or not, I just tapped with mouse on that wall.
When the wall was true rock, I heard tapping sound.
When the wall was illusionary, mouse pointer dissappeared for about 1/4 sec so it looked like hand is diving into the false rock. I really miss it in RTC
theadder
Journeyman

Re: Tapping on the wall

Post by theadder »

I second that.
If you think about it, it's not very logical to walk along a corridor hurling yourself at the wall so see if theres an illusion there :)
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

That's easy to add, but what's the noise (I don't recall it on the ST, and can't get sound on my PC!)? Is it something that's already there (like the 'dink' noise) or something new?
theadder
Journeyman

Post by theadder »

It was a sort of dull thud, in fact it may even be the same sound as something heavy falling on the floor - somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
No, I don't think it was on the ST version, but I certainly remember it on the PC.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

The sound is the normal 'thud' sound.

The effect isn't the quarter second specified - the hand totally disappears for as long as the mouse is held down over an illusion wall.

On normal walls, tapping the wall only makes the thud on the top two rows of bricks for some reason, not the bottom two! This is true on the PC version, the Amiga version, and Amiga CSB. Don't know about ST versions.
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Added for V0.08