Stair bug - minor (0.07)

Messages are moved here (should anyone ever want to see them again) once they are no longer applicable to the current version (e.g. suggestions that have been implemented or bugs that have been fixed).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Stair bug - minor (0.07)

Post by beowuuf »

I'll check it in the new DM file soon, but the previous one had the follow bug. If you were standing on the stairs and clicked (with or without an object) anywhere on the main game screen, you would be flipped 180 degrees to face the top or bottom! Any items held would be thrown as normal
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
theadder
Journeyman

Re: Stair bug - minor (0.07)

Post by theadder »

I believe it still happens. If I place an item on the floor in front of the stairs, I suddenly flip around and find myself facing the opposite direction at the bottom/top of the stairs. Not that it really matters, much, of course :-)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yes, I can verify this - handy though for going up and down stairs - perhaps it should be left in?
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

:-)

The code needs to check to see if your clicking has altered the dungeon in any way by your actions. Obviously it's checking and seeing that as a result you're on some stairs so it moves you up or down accordingly!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Teleporter bug - minor (0.07)

Post by beowuuf »

Spinning teleporters do this too, which was fun on level 8 when I killed a giggler in one and had to keep spinning to pick each thing up....dizzy....
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
George Gilbert
Dungeon Master

Post by George Gilbert »

Fixed for V0.08