April day fools cheat???

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Oldman
Neophyte

April day fools cheat???

Post by Oldman »

Does anyone remember the April day fools cheat for DM or was it CSB? I know it doesn't work, but i just thought it would be good for a laugh!!!

Something about a Lord Lib??????? or other. Anyone?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: April day fools cheat???

Post by beowuuf »

Pause the game, press all four largest spell symbols (MON ZO GOR SAR) and type 'Lord Librasulus smites thee down'...hey presto, nothing happens ; ) Except to people who don't pause and get a fireball in the face
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It was even more involved than that - you had to hold Left Alt down while typing, then when you unpause the game, you still have to kill the Dragon. If done correctly, the Dragon leaves behind the Firestaff. Well, he would if it wasn't a joke...
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

Lol, maybe we should try it today :lol: <p><font face=arial>Ian

Pulp - Styling the pattern for life!</font></p>
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Or tell people that it's been recreated in one of the clones so that it stays alive for another 15 years : )
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
dmologist
Journeyman

yea... here's an idea how ;)

Post by dmologist »

just you know go to cheat sites ect and say sometihng like "return to chaos has all the chewats of DM" or in this case a csb clone with csb cheats. when they try it out, hey what gives? umm there never was that cheat ^_^
sucinum
Pal Master

Mongor

Post by sucinum »

This only "works" for the Dragon "Mongor" (the hint oracle gives this name), the one on the Ku-Level which ate up a whole chainmail + an axe.

but in the fires file in csb a firestaff exists, so maybe its really somewhere in this game...
btw, can anyone get me an amiga-version (to be emulated), where i can alter the dungeon with DMute?

and how does it work, that several objects switch their position in each new game?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Mongor

Post by Gambit37 »

The firestaff exists but is non-functional in CSB - I tried it by DMuting a CSB save game file. You can't find it in the Dungeon itself. It really shows how much of a hurry FTL were in to get CSB into the shops - it shares a lot of code from DM that simply isn't used at all.

Random object placement is handled by hidden gigglers and lots of hidden teleporters...