Advice,Hints,Help, or words of wisdom.

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
blackmarch
Novice

Advice,Hints,Help, or words of wisdom.

Post by blackmarch »

I'd like to start a topic with advice, hints etc.. for DMmers.
So please include at least one peice of advice/help about anything that has to do with DM2 in your replies, also if you can include one or two key words in your reply title about your advice would be nice.
blackmarch
Novice

Unlimited Funding

Post by blackmarch »

when you get to the magic shop, make sure you have/buy an empty flask, and if you haven't, switch the buying menu to the empty flask. Now go the buying table, make the lowest power of strength potion; then stick it on the buying table to buy the empty flask, the merchant will add money to the empty flask to make it equal to the strength potion, and will then send it to you: Free money! (p.s with the empty flask you can do it all over again). Or, if you're worried about your mana trade for the mana potion and drink it when you get it, you'll get a bit less money, but you will get a tiny bit more mana than what you used.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Advice,Hints,Help, or words of wisdom.

Post by beowuuf »

I seem to recall KU potions being the best for doing this money with, I did it to earn some quick extra money for...something at the time...i forget what (plus priest levels are handy)

Get the...exscimiter ? It's double attack with melee option makes it a very powerful weapon that will see off minions quite fast.

Buy fire armour if you don't find it...at least the poleyn, which boost strength for more than they weigh (even a few kilograms extra can be good) and also the fireplate adds a fighter level - the helm adds something else like wisdom, but both the last are a bit weighty for a normal party at the start and middle

Don't be afraid to charge at people in combat, as unlike DM, you can move most things out of the way and either run passed them, or push them into better combat positions

The numen staff, if you hadn't noticed, can be charged by throwing it into the cauldron (like the vexirk does)

Once you open the zo-link, SPEND ALL YOIUR MONEY! what else are you going to use it for? You can really load up on armour, furies, tempests, ful boms etc if you know where to look and shop.

Make sure you find the tech shield, as the ability to get to the shop fast (or out of an area fast) is very very handy
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
blackmarch
Novice

Shoving critters & reply

Post by blackmarch »

When you're in the wolve's woods or in the cavess with the firestarter rock throwing critters, if you're in a fix, you can try bumping them off by pushing(running into) them into one of the holes, you can also do this with the poison throwing critter who's kind of a pain iin the butt.

About the Zo gate, you can always back out of there or fall off the clouds, then get out of the castle by various ways, namely using the tech shield or through the cavern part and out into the thief dwarven area. however I don't know if Dragoth regenerates all the damage you've done to him by the next time you get to him.

For your priests & Wizards, get them really good staves as they add mana to their maximum amount they have (the warrior staff is probably the best for this as it adds at least 20 mana) as well as having other effects/abilitites
blackmarch
Novice

preventing later troubles

Post by blackmarch »

thanks, beowuuf, about the fire poleyn/armor I didn't know that!

After you've gone through the wolf woods and have opened up the back way to the rhino area, go back to the door to the entrance of the thief dwarves and shut it and take the key out. You can then get to that area by going through the rhino way and the wolf woods, and secondly the dwarves never seem to figure this out.
After you've gone through all the areas and have opened the last gate that brings you back to the entrance of skullkeep (and the path that takes you back to the area you first started in), stick a couple of master level guards in the gate to seal it off; it helps prevent dwarves & enemy attack minions from getting to you.

Notes about minions & creatures to keep in mind...

The only 2 entities that can occupy a square at once are you and a minion type creature; so no 2 minions can occupy or pas through a square at the same time, no enemy creature can occupy/move through a square with a minion type creature.
Minion Creatures:
-Guard Minions
-Attack Minions
-Transport Elementals
-Scout Elementals
-Swirlies
-ghosts
-Moving trap doors
-moving teleport fields

So if you don't want any of these things moving onto your square (such as moving pits or teleporters, but keep in mine guard and attack minions will try to shoot them even though they can't hit such things)or don't want them coming to a certain place; make either scout minions (use scout maps) or guard minions to occupy your square or seal off an area.

Or if you're fighting minions, when they are about to fire you can do 3 things (if you can't destroy it right then) dodge to the sides, make a guard minion and back up a square, or step forward into the attack/swirlie minion's square.

Another Tactic with minions is pinning a creature between them (best used in hallways), such as using two scouts pinning the little apple freak critter down in the fireball hallways with all the reflecton fields... (please note with this tactic if you're using guard minions, they're going to shoot at the enemy, whetther they can hit it or not, hopefully they can, but if they can't shoot it,like the apple freak critter, they'll probably end up shooting each other)
Ian Clark
Um Master

Re: preventing later troubles

Post by Ian Clark »

Here's a quick tip to get money:

When you go out getting the Clan pieces, you'll notice loads of flowers and mushrooms, you can eat them but they aren't great as food, just sell them! They grow back later so you can repeat this process. <p><font face=arial>Ian

Pulp - Styling the pattern for life!</font></p>
sucinum
Pal Master

hints

Post by sucinum »

the quickest way to get to money:
kill the axemen and sell their axes in the beginning town, where you get paid MUCH more than next to their lair. I dont enter the tower unless i bought all the equip i'll need later (2 vorax, 1 sxcsimir and 1 bluesteel)

the bluesteel:
if this weapon is stolen by thieves or axemen, its gone for good, so take care.

following items increase stats:
fire plate (fighter lvl)
techno plate (anti magic)
techno helm (wisdom)
ra-sar helm (dex)
fire poleyn (str)

wands and magic staves:
they also increase mana while beeing in the quiver (down the wielded weapon). same counts for amulets and scarabs, which also increase mana while beeing in the purse.

dragoth:
shot mon-fireballs in his back and bash him with all you have. look that all your chars have filled their whole inv with VI-pots and no one is overloaded.
dmologist
Journeyman

copy items *WARNING*

Post by dmologist »

here is something i read and discovered it works...
before you get 4 characters you can take objects duplicate any characters ojbects form there mirrors. clikc on the mirror slect an object hit i think 1, 2, 3 or wahtever characters you have at the moment put it in there and hit space. it is somerthing like that, it has worked for me...

HOWEVER i must warn you that the game can be VERY VERY UNSTABLE, sometimes freezing sometimes wierd monsters where there shouldn't be. do it a few times do a backup save do a few things, like try casting or going up stairs you should tell if something does happen.
also AVOID OPENING CHESTS!!!!!!!! money pouch's are safe but not chests. i think i have 13 staff's for mana boosting. since characters have food, your characters can get more money and when hungry go and grab some from the other frozen characters.
gobleteer
Apprentice

Mana

Post by gobleteer »

Notes on Mana:
Mana is better than the other two abilities. You can make Heath and Stamina Potions. You can avoid having to eat food by creating a lot of spare stamina potions. Forget Health, Stamina, food, water, etc.!

Money:
Many items in the Axemen village are cheaper than in you village. Buy the axes or whatever, and them sell them at your home village. Also, the gems in the cavern wall regenerate, so you could theoretically buy everything.
Sar Master - 1%
G! d- s:- a15>? c++++(+) UL-@ P>++ L+ E? W+++$
!N>++ o? K- W-(+++) O? M?>+ V? PS++ PEY? PGP?
T+++() 5-->? X- R+++ tvb++++ DI@ D? G++ e->* h! !r !y(-)
Ulmo
Neophyte

Wolfs

Post by Ulmo »

You can get the coins that are on unreachable areas on other side of pits by throwing the little bone that can be found in the wolf area. Wolfs, that can jump over pits, will pick everything up until the bone, you just have to kill them when they come back.

(Hope I was at least a little clear...)

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”