"Laughing" Traps

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ian Clark
Um Master

"Laughing" Traps

Post by Ian Clark »

To make a laughing pit, place a room of any dimensions depending on how random you want it, separated from the rest of the dungeon, have as few or as many pads you want, set them to open/close it as much as you want, and have it operated by monsters only, put a giggler (preferably) in the room and the effect will be a bit faster, put in a rock pile and it will be slower. Doing this you can have laughing walls and fireball holes :twisted: <p><font face=arial>Ian Clark
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants to make us happy.</font></p>
Ian Clark
Um Master

Re: Wandering Pits

Post by Ian Clark »

You can also have walls which open/close depending on the monster's position, I think an example of this is in CSB, I can't remember where :| but there are skeletons in the area, y'know the one I mean... I have also created a puzzle which has a series of doors which "laugh", :lol: though as not to be too evil, I have put a space in between each (for now :twisted: ). <p><font face=arial>Ian Clark
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants to make us happy.</font></p>

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”