Making stuff go 'click' (DMute)

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Making stuff go 'click' (DMute)

Post by Gambit37 »

How do I make things go 'click' within the dungeon when I operate them? I've made a small dungeon with buttons, pads, keyholes, etc. and none of them make the click sound when they are used. Other than that, they do work correctly. Any ideas???
Ian Clark
Um Master

Re: Making stuff go 'click'

Post by Ian Clark »

There was a hex code and there was one which made teleporters perform the electric buzz. It was mentioned on the DM board quite a bit ago. I can't remember off the top of my head but it wasn't a major change... If anyone knows them, please post it, thanks.

Ok, time to change my signature :| <p><font face=arial>Ian

"I might live to be a hundred now, and keep a sweet shop on my own, and walk on the moon, and read Masters, and rescue someone from drowning, and be awarded a medal for it, and be interviewed on TV" Pulp - Perry Reggae (Return To Air)</font></p>
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I've been fiddling with this for a while now, and still haven't found the solution. Has anybody worked it out yet?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

OK, I found the solution to this one. For any activating object, whether it's a button, a keyhole, or a pad, the fifth byte controls the activation. For normal wall objects that activate something the fifth byte is 80 - change this to D0. For other objects, the activation byte is 8x - change this to Dx.

Click, click, click, click, click, click :)

Gambit <i>Edited by <A HREF=http://pub17.ezboard.com/ugambit37.show ... ambit37</A> at: 7/22/00 11:28:19 pm
</i>
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Oops, that's a bit wrong. The generic byte change ONLY applies to wall objects, NOT pads. If you change this byte in pads, they WILL click but it will also change the pad activation type. I'll explore this some more.

Note - you can also use Cx in wall objects as well as Dx - not sure what the difference is though.
Zyx
DSA Master

click and bit

Post by Zyx »

I can't investigate myself because I have no sound on
this PC, but from what you said for the 5th byte, it looks
like the click is caused by the 2nd bit:

80 : 1000 0000 No sound
D0 : 1101 0000 Click
C0 : 1100 0000 Click
_____^
__2nd bit
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

I'm stupid...

Post by Gambit37 »

Looks like I was barking up the wrong tree a bit here... I hadn't noticed that the activation type was also changing when I changed the 5th byte.

I can only assume then that 'Type 2' stuff is the one that clicks, and other types are silent.

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”