I don't know if anyone noticed... (DMute - weight)

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

I don't know if anyone noticed... (DMute - weight)

Post by beowuuf »

..but when you change any object someone carries with DMute, it does not alter the weight your character was on in the saved game.
So if you change an object to a heavier one, then you risk having a semi-crash if you go under your weight (the game takes a minute or so to let to you move anywhere, and freezes your characters while doing so)

I just had this happen when i changed a weapon to a better one as i was play testing, and i kept getting this error when a giggler stole it.
Last edited by beowuuf on Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Clark
Um Master

Re: I don't know if anyone noticed...

Post by Ian Clark »

Best thing to do is put them on the floor, change them and pick them up again :wink: <p><font face=arial>Ian

Pulp - Styling the pattern for life!</font></p>
ArgentumLupus
Neophyte

Re: I don't know if anyone noticed...

Post by ArgentumLupus »

i know why it does that! ^_^ if you use DMute to change something in your inventory into something heavier, if the weight you're currently carrying is less than what the item you changed weighs, when you drop the item your carried weight drops below 0 and wraps around to 65,535, which is WAY above the weight you can carry even with 255 strength. I hope that made sense :P I had the same problem myself though. If you try to carry more than your stregth allows it takes a while to move. Same if you get your feet/legs injured or your stamina drops real low.

-Argent

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”