Super Idea...but i need help (DMute)

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.

Super Idea...but i need help (DMute)

Post by Guest »

ok, we all dungeon creator have recognized that the tomb of the firestaff level hasnt much use, because theres only 1 allowed monster type...
but i have found a nice idea for something to do with this level...a shop
ok, the shop isnt a new idea, but a central one, which can maybe accessed by teleporter at each level...the 3 coin types and the 3 gems could work as currency...
now my prob: i want that in a style like the gor coin shop near DDD in CSB...3 coin holes and 3 gem holes and alcoves next to them, you throw in a coin and then an item appears. can someone maybe create such a shop in the blank dungeon from zyx and upload it at freedrive? i think im not the only one who wishes to use that shop.

Post by Guest »

maybe this works with teleporters activated by the coin slots...but i want the alcoves to thorow out one object for each inserted coin/gem...so they have to work multiple times...maybe there should also appear a VI altar on that level...than every newbie-dungeoncreator (like me), who cant code and use DMute with maximum effectivity can create better dungeons and concentrate on the design.
for this shop, the text changing from zyx tool would be a nice help :wink:
ok, thats enough text for a day :wink:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Constant shop idea

Post by beowuuf »

Object shooters firing to the teleport, making the last 3 or so objects the same money so that people will get the idea that the shop is closed for that coin type (apparently the game crashes if the shooter runs out of objects).

An object shooter would need the hex e if i remember right in the third byte, any one digit number in the 8th. Give me a day or two and I'll upload something if no-one else does/you don't get it working yourself.
<p>Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all! - Michael (Beowuuf)</p>
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Zyx
DSA Master

a way to do it

Post by Zyx »

Here´s how to solve your problem.
In an unused part of your dungeon, put a blank tile with a teleporter, desactivated for now, that teleports objects into a wall with alcoves (best if this wall has alcoves on its 4 sides.)
On the same tile,add a pressure pad, activated by object, needs a constant weight, that activates the teleporter on the same very tile.
Just on the wall south of the teleporter, put a wall object facing north and hex edit it:

XX XX
0E 00 xx xx xx 0f
3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th
Put 0E if you want to give one object at a time, and
0F if you want to give 2 objects.
Then add objects on this wall, the one you want to give each time you activate this wall.

NOTE: if the wall runs out of objects, the game crashes, so you have to count all the coins/gems or whatever objects you use to activates the shopping, and put the same number of object (or the double if you put 0F) in the wall to be safe.

At least, put a coin slot for example activated by a coin that activates the shooter.

You can find a working sample in the mildew dungeon, near level 5 or 6 (below the snake level).
Toni Y
Adept

My shoppe...

Post by Toni Y »

If you haven't seen, you can try my DM2 recreation which features one version of shops. You can get it from here: <a href="http://personal.inet.fi/cool/tylisirn/" ... lisirn/</a> (No, it's not on the Freedrive, since I couldn't upload it for some reason. If someone would upload my dungeons, I'd be grateful...)

I had a door which will open by the coin and then you could browse the stores. Step onto the item and you'll be teleported back outside the door... (Oh, and BTW, this is on level 6 :) )
Toni Ylisirniö
Author of Grave of King Millias, Return of Chaos, and DM2 dungeons.

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”