New DM endings (DMute)

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

New DM endings (DMute)

Post by beowuuf »

A wall object with third byte 12, when activated by a usual effect, will end the game, displaying the character's stats!

So now ANYTHING can create an end game...walk over a certain area, have a monster drop something on a tile...any effect!

What happens is the game will freeze as soon as it is activated. If the object is innactive, then it will then end the game quickly, if the object has a time delay, then the game will hang for that length of time. A grey screen will then come up with the character portraits and stats, and when you click on it, then the The End screen will display (the PC version then seems to launch into the end sequence)

This is how CSB ends..this wall object is activated and teleports the Grey Lord infront of the party, and then ends the game!

Just out of interst B/8B in the 3rd byte creates a wall object like a 4/84 object, except it must be the last object in the wall. Umm..i think the first one is more exciting : )
Last edited by beowuuf on Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: THE HOLY GRAIIL! NEW DM ENDINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Gambit37 »

Hey, pretty good going that you've figured all this stuff out recently. You must be the master DMuter by now...

I gave up on DMute once I knew about RTC though. I'm waiting fro the day when I can do all that stuff without having to mess around at Hex level... :)
sucinum
Pal Master

wow!

Post by sucinum »

Lets use an alternate ending for our team-dungeon!
Zyx
DSA Master

Yeah!

Post by Zyx »

Great!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: THE HOLY GRAIIL! NEW DM ENDINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by beowuuf »

I seem to keep coming back to DMute every few days just cause I'm restless with ideas for an RTC dungeon...ah well ; ) Plus I have/had a wish list of stuff it would be cool to do/find out about DM (sniff mostly found now...though this end game thing has gotten me interested again...)

And yes, we need to do a kick-ass ending...we'll get to that soon enough
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”