frozen game? (DMute)

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
dmologist
Journeyman

frozen game? (DMute)

Post by dmologist »

how do you fix a game freeze? level checking say's ok. all triggers ect are correct. right before i get to the first worm generator i opened the door and it froze.
dmologist
Journeyman

crawling not frozen

Post by dmologist »

it's not frozen like i first thought atleast not completely it has major lag. i'm checking my save game but monsters seem fine(not alot), i'm not sure what is going on. anyone have an idea? i really hope i can keep the dragon but if that is the problem so be it i'll figure out something else.some tips for "grandmaster" HIGHLY RECOMENDED pumping up all your levels before going down to level 4. more then once have i had to run upstairs and heal before going down again. that and gaining like 8 levels(among 4 characters and class's) before worms... = or <> vi is recomended. oddly havn't attempted any fireball spells yet. i tihnk the dragon will push the characters to expert in fighter and ninja, maybe even wizard and priest.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: frozen game?

Post by beowuuf »

Freezes come from a number of places

- hexing tiles so that you don't have/do have +10 on the tile type when there is/isn't an object
- cloning tiles then deleting one set, so that there is a single object on another tile somewhere else that doesn't actually exist
- an object being cloned accidentally

The only lagging freeze I've bothered to stay around for is when a party is under-weight (so it has wrapped round into the red). This can be caused by editing a character's inventory in DMute, because it doesn't adjust the character weight

These sorts of crashes though are normally from hex editing and intentional/unintentional cloning, not from adding monsters, etc though, so your dungeon should still be sound as long as you can lock onto the problem object : )

<p>
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year one and all

- Michael (Beowuuf)</p>
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
dmologist
Journeyman

nm fixed

Post by dmologist »

thanks, i never alted the characters in dmute(remeber trying to play the game completely wihtout cheating to see if i need to alter it more) not sure what happened. i tihnk the save game was corupted anyway's i deleted the save game, and pretty much heavy character editing so i can pretty much skip down to the worm level. problem seems to be fixed. right now testing the dragon i put into level 4. thanks for your help ;)

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”