DM... Nexus

Talk about the lesser known games "Theron's Quest" and "Dungeon Master Nexus".
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
dmologist
Journeyman

DM... Nexus

Post by dmologist »

first sorry ian posting aobut nexus\saturn stuff on dmute mb... anyway's I'm getting DM nexus(japanese Sega Saturn Game) since htere is currently no working emulator at osme point i'm getting a saturn as well(infact i mgiht get one in a few day's). I'm prepairing to copy the CD and to give it to others... PREFERING that who ever wants one just downloads files and use a cdrw drive and deal with me making a cd, ship it in mail paying mail fees ect... Not saying i'm not willing ot but...

Nexus does look real cool, i guess it takes place after csb\dm2 I tihnk. i know this isn't in the right area(since it is a completely different game then DM) but i figure this would be the most on topic i could get.

And yES YOU CAN COPY Saturn games, psx, segaCD, NeogeoCD, PS2, DC and any other cd\dvd types..
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: DM... Nexus

Post by beowuuf »

Does sound good, I'd be prepared to download it and burn it (how large is it?). How much else has changed in it interface wise?
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
dmologist
Journeyman

riping, burning... & changes

Post by dmologist »

ok first riping and so far... windows say's the cd is 194mb. with free disk space\my space "shutdown" 200mb is hard to come by. but that's no problem there is alway's osme place i can upload it.

I'm more ocncerned with everyone else, getting a sega saturn is simple, but to modify to play CDr's(and ausming you all just get a game shark to play the japanese game or to play non country games[playing us on a japanese saturn]). I'd be alot more forth coming knowing that you won't mess up your saturn. I seem to recall the last people who has nexus said the saturn they were using "broke". I will try to find the time to rip it, but again even with the limited guides how to mod for cdr's i sugest trying to get it yourself.
<a href="http://www.videogamedepot.com/web_store ... 7_63262</a>
DM: Nexus $39.99

changes... monsters so far are different, people are different(atleast look different), there are "mini" steps, magic, char screen ect use a rotating wheel. so that can be a blessing and curse. it's very different. like i said i'm still not sure how to save. I know you can save becuase hwen you start the game you can select "continue". besides a game like DM needs a save option or no one EVER play it. heh trying to win any DM without saving is NOT possable.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: riping, burning... & changes

Post by Gambit37 »

Yep, that was me who 'broke' the Saturn... it's a shame 'cos I need to get screenshots for my website. Perhaps you could help me with that if you have some way to capyure the output?

I have found somewhere in the UK that can get switched saturns which will play Jap games, so I am following up that. Hopefully I will hear about it soon!

I still can't get Theron's quest to work on any emulators though... any one else?
dmologist
Journeyman

screen capture ect

Post by dmologist »

well as i said i got a gameshark plus 5-in-1 i don't know if it works on european saturn's but game sharks can play all saturn games around the world. plus has cheating abilites as well. i'll look at interact see if they have any handy or ask about pal GS(since europe use's pal while america, japan use ntsc).

as for screen capturing well there is a VERY expensive $200+ hardware tihng thart you can hook up saturn, snes ect to monitors. and i would think if i pressed print screen or something it could take a picture. or there is my prefered choice can cost alot more but in the end should work far better. as i said in messages below, i was tihnking aobut getting a "tv turner" I have faith that if i just plug my jaguar, saturn and the like into one of those "connect 5 devices and use one cable plus buttons". Then plug that into the tv turner input. Atleast I'm hoping that's possable. I do however know that it is going to take a VERY VERY VERY LONG TIME. I'm now projecting perhaps a TV turner in atleast half a year if not longer. and unless i somehow find this "xrgb-2" device for $120 to $150 then it would be even longer.
dmologist
Journeyman

updates

Post by dmologist »

well i'v been busy juggling like 3 new games since around the time of getting the GS saturn. most of the time going to one game, but i've played more... gotten further discovered alot more about the game. I found how ot save and load. rediscovered one old style of DM playing that i havn't used in a long long time. the "hit and run" tatic, some time ago in games i pretty much relay on "hit em hard and hit em fast" Strong arm all in one glory.

I discovered something VERY VERY INTRESTING ^________^ under "magic" selection of character menu there is a "wizard and priest spell list". I tried adding spells but nothing, even spells that wroked and that made me go up a level seem to do nothing. So why put it there? how do you access it? it sorta looks like it could give a name not a few symbols so maybe it would be fireball not full ir. Also there is a specail "!" block when casting spells again where it automatticly "recalls the spell you just tried to cast". meaning if you do low Ful and and it didn't work just click on the "!" and it will load it up again. Still not sure about which characters i want, i've been slecting randomaly.

Return to “Theron's Quest (TQ) & Dungeon Master Nexus (DMN)”