BloodWych

Got a favourite DM type game? Enjoy Eye of the Beholder? Adore Amberstar? Cherish Captive? Discuss these and more here!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
MadMunky
Adept

BloodWych

Post by MadMunky »

If anyone remembers or like the old game Bloodwych then you might want to take a look at

www.classicgaming.com/bloodwych/

Hope you like it!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: BloodWych

Post by Gambit37 »

Your site is good, but I must admit when I played Bloodwych on the Amiga all those years ago, it never held any appeal to me. I was a die hard DM fan, and Bloodwych's tiny indistinct graphics and pitiful sound effects really put me off the game - it simply had no atmosphere.

Having looked at your site, I can see now that there was more to it than that, but alas it's too late for me....
BinaryBandit
Novice

Bloodwhyche

Post by BinaryBandit »

I'm with you Gambit on this. After playing DM on the amiga and other RPG's, BloodWhych looked kinda punny. But like you said, perhaps we're missing the whole picture.
dmologist
Journeyman

missing out?

Post by dmologist »

I've playted alittle of it too. well of course it's no DM but i still find it fun to play. course I'm not afraid to play older, lesser games. Heck just the other day i got back into omega, nethack, moria and Angband(YES BOTH Moria and Angband)....
twinfalls
Journeyman

bloodwhych

Post by twinfalls »

I found this game quite good, and remember finding some feeling forgiving the bad graphics and lenghthy bashing and bashing on too many boring monsters.
I remember some interesting hard to find tricks ( moves, timing, right magic ) to go through.
Nowdays, I gave up playing again, got bored after a couple of monsters.
I found all my maps.
Nowdays, can we enjoy hours of mapping anymore ?
matt
Neophyte

Bloodwych

Post by matt »

This game was great. I enjoyed it more than Dungeon Master because i was able to play it with a friend.

Single player mode was a drag tho.

Perhaps one day i will challenge the data disk!

Matt
furiousuk
Neophyte

bloodwych

Post by furiousuk »

i loved this game, i thought the level construction was second to none. DM was awesome too but Bloodwych had something very friendly about it. it never really got boring for me, despite a limited amount of monsters.
the data disk didnt have the same appeal but was worth a good shot - again, it had a lot of interesting level constuction.

as for no atmosphere, i'll never forget when i was younger, sitting around the screen as a family and wandering around a few empty corridors, when suddenly a crab jumped out and my brother sent his crisps flying over everyone as he jumped up surprised!
Secret Journey
Novice

Re: bloodwych

Post by Secret Journey »

I liked this game but personally never managed to complete it. Got stuck in one of the towers...the second one....hmm moon tower maybe?

Anyway, I tried playing it recently on an ST emulator and ran out of food before getting anywhere near the Serpent Tower! I was only in that terrible maze where you first meet some dragons.........what the hell am I doing wrong? (I don't wanna go around stealing the food from each of the starting characters...)

Is there any other way? <p><p><font size=1><marquee>How's it feel when she's coming up roses, How's it feel when she's coming up sweet, How's it feel when it's all in spite of you, How's it feel when she's out of your reach?</marquee></font></p></p>
twinfalls
Journeyman

Tricks

Post by twinfalls »

I remember that dead characters do not eat and do carry your loads in their backpacks.
I do not think I had to kill other heroes to get more food.
Secret Journey
Novice

Re: Tricks

Post by Secret Journey »

I just don't want to HAVE to take Mr Flay. I used to be fine with Sir Edward, ummmm (Green scout bloke...starts near Zastaph).....and then also Zastaph and Zothen. <p><p><font size=1><marquee>How's it feel when she's coming up roses, How's it feel when she's coming up sweet, How's it feel when it's all in spite of you, How's it feel when she's out of your reach?</marquee></font></p></p>