DM2, here

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ian Clark
Um Master

DM2, here

Post by Ian Clark »

ParuNexus
Adept

Post by ParuNexus »

heh i already have DM2 for PC. wait a minute damn. now that i got a cdrw drive... i can make a dm2 iso and reburn it... if it works heh ^_^
+Janux

Post by +Janux »

I have DM2 for the PC and the SegaCD. The SegaCD version is slow and the PC one won't work on my current computer. I just love Windows, don't you? *sarcasm*
Toni Y
Adept

Post by Toni Y »

Play it in pure DOS (Start/shutdown/"Restart the computer in DOS mode")

Unless of course you have NT or 2k, in which case you're out of luck :(
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

in NT you can choose to boot in dos or windows. so no you're not out of luck for that. Not sure about 2k though..
+Janux

Post by +Janux »

Tried that. It freezes up.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

You often can not get DM2 to pla sounds with anthing other than a true soundblaster or soundblaster pro. It seems also that any plug and play soundscards will be ignored all together.
The one detail about "pure dos" on win98 is it is not pure dos or even pure MSdos it has some windows set variables and when you exit from it it jumps into windows again. So what you need to do is make a Dos boot disk which has a homemade Autoexec.bat and Config.sys to set up your mouse, sound card and if needed dpmi (but probably not).

Then hardboot your computer with this disk in the drive and load DM2.

The basic Idea here is to prevent windows from messing with any of the things being done so you do infact have a pure dos environment. I had to do this myself to prevent it from hanging on the title screen.
cheers Drake out..
+alucard

Post by +alucard »

I had the same problem running Skull Keep a couple of years ago. I remember finding a patch that said it fixed the problem. I downloaded the patch but it was corrupt and I couldn't find it any where else. Try searching with the Google search engine for it...you might get lucky.