Towers - Lord Baniff's Deceit

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Steve B

Towers - Lord Baniff's Deceit

Post by +Steve B »

Has anyone played or seen Towers - Lord Baniff's Deceit. It is a game on the Gameboy Color and is quite an impressive Dungeon Master clone. If you can get a Gameboy emulator (I use Rew) and find a rom of this game and tell me what you think of it. The reason I ask is because I am thinking of making my own Dungeon Master clone for the Gameboy Color. Maybe even an enhanced port of Amiga DM to the Gameboy Color and maybe later the Gameboy Advance. Seeing as the other DM project never really got off the ground I call to all who want to help. Anyone interested? Anyone have any experience on Gameboy Color programming or Gfx.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

well. For GFX I may be interested. I have done lores low color GFX before. Is it 8 colors or 16? anyway, are you planning to release it as a downloadable rom or as a cartridge? I'm guessing from your attitude about downloading roms and emulators it would be the former.
Cheers.
+Steve B

Post by +Steve B »

You might be suprised to hear that the Gameboy Color actually has a palette of 56 colours so there is a lot of room for descent gfx. 32 colours for the background and 24 colours for the sprites. If it's good enough it could become an official release on cartridge. This is the exciting bit cos I am a game developer working on a commercial football management game for the GBC at the moment however I can do this in my spare time. My company are very knowledgable in regards to licences so getting an official DM licence is totally possible.