Dragon Diner?

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+steve

Dragon Diner?

Post by +steve »

The first time i met the dragon at the end of the game was quite a scary moment....for the dragon i mean. i was legging it around in the lord chaos room trying to figure out what the hell to do (while dodging fireballs) when suddenly.....aaarrhh....i fell down a pit. After i had brushed myself down i noticed i was standing on a lovely pile of dragon steaks.......ummy ummy?!?!? WHAT IS GOING ON? Oh yes. I had just performed the ultimate dragon slaying move crushing the dragon with one fatal strike... war cry! war cry!. Until this very day i have never meet a real live dragon... hooraaaa for this nostalgic web site..weep weep. long live DUNGEON MASTER AND ALL THOSE WHO MASTERED THE DUNGEON.
Toni Y
Adept

Post by Toni Y »

Wow, that was a very cool kill!
There is another way to kill the dragon with one move. I have opened the lock under the skullkey stairs, there is a wall which can be opened with a switch. Lure the dragon into the open wall and close it. Pow, compressed dragon ;-)
The pit thing makes me wonder, though, what if you teleport to a spot with monster(s)? Propably same effect, killing it instantly. What if you 'telefrag' (sorry for Quake term ;-) Lord Chaos himself... Hmmm...
I think I just cooked up a nice little trap...
Ian Clark
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

It is possible to teleport onto a square with monsters and kill them, ie if the screamers near the "None shall pass" part on L2 are on the adjacent square to the teleporter when you step in it, they die. I doubt we could do it to Chaos because he can teleport himself, it would be a challenge getting him to stand still!
+Greywolfe

Post by +Greywolfe »

You can keep Chaos still. Use DMute and place a teleporter anywhere in the HOC then place two invisible teleporters beside him.(he is in a corner with only two spaces to step to). Make sure that the teleporters in his lair only work for monsters, Then change the HOC teleporter to have the destination appear at Choas's position. Step into the teleporter on HOC and you get to "telefrag" Chaos. This works with all monsters.
+Greywolfe

Post by +Greywolfe »

Almost forgot, have the two teleporters in Chaos's lair point to his origional position. Happy "telefraging"