DM1 item replicators?

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+FFour

DM1 item replicators?

Post by +FFour »

It was reported to me a long, long time ago that some brave band of Champions had discovered a replicator in the Dungeon, and thus promptly replicated all the good armour and gave everyone a Firestaff... I suspect it to be the alcoves on Level 7 (Firestaff / Stone Golem level), but does anyone know how it works?
ParuNexus
Adept

Post by ParuNexus »

uh just fake rumors... i mean hell yea we qall qish that wqhere true... monster generations of course thoser exist but for items or something?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Yep, there are some, but not sure if on PC version...

Post by Gambit37 »

See my response to the 'Making copies of items in a game' thread a few posts below this one. It certainly was possible on the Amiga version. When I get round to it, I'll post a save game so that you can all see the proof.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

This was my other reply:
I haven't tried this recently as I don't have a save game at that point, but I remember distinctly that this definitely worked on the original Amiga version. What's more, after creating several duplicate firestaffs and equipping my entire team with Armour of Darc, I found pink rats on level four, and I also found a permamnent floating Des Ew spell in the rat respawn room on level 9, so clearly the game was quite upset by this point.... fun times indeed!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I have checked this again, and it definitely DOES NOT WORK on the PC version. But it des work on the Amiga version, though possibly not the 3.6 version that everyone has. It DOES work on 3.4 though - I'll try and grab some screenshots of it.