Dm help

This is an archive of posts from the Unofficial Dungeon Master website, run by Daniel Durgan. It was the first DM web site and disappeared from the web in 2000. This archive is for reference only.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
+Rob

Dm help

Post by +Rob »

Being a newby to this I was wondering if you guys could help me out. How do I save my game in Dungeon Master and how can I play dm with the mouse,Have I got to edit the dosstart or autoexec file if so what do I do to get the mouse to work in dos.
Regards Rob
+Simon

Post by +Simon »

I'm assuming you are running the PC version of Dungeon Master.
If you run DM through windows, the mouse will work automatically in DM as long as you select to use it from the text startup menu's when you run DM. If you are running DM in pure DOS, without loading windows, or running it in DOS mode (You really don't have to - it runs fine through windows) then just type MOUSE and press enter at the DOS prompt before running DM. That will give you mouse control in pure DOS.
Saving the game: Pull up any characters inventory during the game and click the little picture of the disk in the upper right hand corner. Don't worry about the confusing stuff about INSERT DISK IN DRIVE C - Thats just an offshoot from the Atari original. Just click SAVE AND PLAY.
Hope all this helps.
+Rob

Post by +Rob »

Cheers simon-It now works like a dream..
Thanks again Rob