Some Forum Bugs/Problems

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Some Forum Bugs/Problems

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

I noticed some problems, maybe I did something wrong, let me know.

* When logging in I get either no new posts or threads where I have read all posts (I can see that when I'm inside a thread) are still marked with the "new posts" sign. Seems to be random what comes up.

* When logging out I get some "Invalid_session" message and have to log out twice to really leave - why?

* While logged in I cannot see the correct "latest post by..." in that case my name if I answered some post in a thread. After logging out (twice, see above) and logging in again it works.

Regards, PitD
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Sounds like caching problems to me. I'd clear your cache and clear your cookies and start again. If that doesn't fix it, please let me know.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Good guess. It seems to work mostly now, but I still have wrong dates of the last posts on both archives, RTC General, Theron's Quest & Chaos strikes back. Otherwise all the described symptoms have vanished. Thank you, Gambit.

Regards, PitD
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yes, everyone will see wrong dates on the index page. This was the resut of merging Ian's site. The problem is that phpBB doesn't actually display the most recent date on the index page; it displays the last post to be entered in the database, even if it's date is earlier than other posts. can't do anything about that until someone posts new messages...
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

I'm sorry, you stated that in the announcements already. Could have guessed it myself, thanks a lot. So if only one post is added to any of these it should be fine again, right ?

Regards, PitD
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yes, that's it exactly! So post lots of messages and it will be fine! :-) And you'll get closer to that elusive Archmaster status... ;)
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Well I just got my Adept ;) And just for posting sake I won't do it - no fun. Better to do it in my own time... calculating from when I started it will only take me another 2.5 years until 1250 posts are done... :shock:

Regards, PitD