Retro Games, Lone Wolf Books, Music, DVDs *FOR SALE*

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Retro Games, Lone Wolf Books, Music, DVDs *FOR SALE*

Post by Gambit37 »

I'm selling a lot of my old computer games, including the few original Amiga games that I still own.

Currently I have Eye of the Beholder 1 & 2 and Hired Guns available for purchase, all in excellent condition. If anyone's interested, please visit my auctions (there's lots of other stuff there such as Lone Wolf books)...

Gambit's ebay Auctions
Last edited by Gambit37 on Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I'm sure it's not a coincidence that a certain mhutton544g (eh?) has been bidding on my Lone Wolf stuff.... :)

I really didn't want to get rid of this stuff as it still has a special place for me, but things are quite desperate right now and I'm going through all my cupboards and sticking as much stuff on eBay as I can...

If you're interested, I have some signed copies of the first 9 Lone Wolf gamebooks -- signed by Joe Dever himself. Sadly though, the books themselves aren't in very good condition.

I am also adding three copies of "The Secrets of Dungeon Mastery", the hard-to-get-hold-of official "hint book" to Dungeon Master.

This stuff will be on eBay within the next day, so check it out.... ;) ;) ;)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lol, mhutton? who's he....*runs*

And if its not just cleaning out cupboards, certainly don't sell the two you have (hard-back 1 & 2, and the autographed legends) for £2 each! Have you got a reserve price on either? I didn't notice... I would have put something like £10 and £5 respectively at least on both...

The other books would be tempting but would just be for the sake of it, I still have my originals.
The only things I've ever looked out for are the magnamund companion, and the later 21 onwards books
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

No, no reserves -- it often seems to put people off, and frankly I'm past caring -- I figures, if people think they are worth bidding on then the final price will reflect that -- I hope!

As for Magnamund Companion -- I have a signed copy of the original, but being the bloody stupid child I was, I cut out the counters for the board game and made a mess of the book. Do you think it's worth listing it -- the rest is in good condition.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, no its not worth listing it...instead you want to give it directly to me...

By the time i heard about it, it was out of print (and we are talking only a few years afte release), and I could never find it in the libraries, etc. if anyone else is as obsessed as me then i think they would be interested
What's been lost, just the game part or were there parts backing on to that? If it's barely anything lost then yes, stick it on there too! : )

What is all in it, anyway? I know the advertised descriptions made me salivate when i was young, but i forget now...
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Ok, you can have it...

Actually, no you can't! I will put it on eBay I think -- the only bit that's lost is on the last page -- it was designed to be cut up into counters for the included 'board' game, and I've cut some of them out... most are still there though.

The book itself is a bit weird -- looking at it now, it's pretty cheesy, nowhere near as classy as the Lone Wolf books and ethos in general. It's got loads of really silly things in it like 'How to speak Giak' illustrated with kids cartoons...! having said that, there's lots of good stuff too -- loads of background on the Darklords and the Kai, on the nations of Magnamund, and the creatures of Helgedad. The board game is called "Ragadorn Alehouse Brawl", there's a short 80 ref adventure where you play Banedon (from Fire on the Water) and some cool instructions on how to build card ships for table-top wargaming! So as you can see it's a bit of a mixed bag...

Having checked the book, I'm annoyed to see that unlike all my other signed books that have a generic "Joe Dever", this one says "To Matthew, with best wishes, Joe Dever". While it's more personal it makes it less sellable.... oh well, at least I got to meet him!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

OK, THREE copies of "The Secrets of Dungeon Mastery" are now available through my ebay auctions. Difficult to get hold of, this is the official Dungeon Master hintbook.

Check it out: Gambit's Auctions
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I just lost my post...ah well

Something about trying to figure out the Giak when I was much younger, working out the letters and the phrases in the books - I think i got Helgedad giak letters, and worked out a 'Die, Lone Wolf' clue in one of the books where a monk says a 'prayer' over your food

Anyway, if you put it on you'll certainly have one bid for it : )
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I've just added my entire Fighting Fantasy collection to ebay now -- it's not the complete 59 set -- only 53 -- but took a fair amount of work..

I've put it on as a single lot for now with a high reserve, just to see if it generates interest and how much people might be willing to pay. I realise most collectors probably wouldn't want the entire collection, as they would be looking for only one or two specific books. But at least this way I can find out roughly what it's worth. If there are no takers, I'll split the books and re-list individually. Oh, and if someone has more money than sense, they can always use the stupidly high Buy It Now price I put on there for a laugh... ;)
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

you know.. I'm pretty sure I owened one of those books. It gives you instructions on what you need in order to read the book. Like a few peices of paper, 2 d6, a pencil.. etc. Then it's much like a choose your path book only it has fighting and saving throws in it as well as a character sheet.

Only thing is I recognise the dragon sitting on the scroll at the top of the book but none of the covers match the one I had. IT was a dragon in it's den looking down at the viewer and there was an adventurure (sp) or something.. there are two big columns on either side of the book that are blueish.. but within it's mainly black gold and red
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Gah, goign offshore for a week...hopefully it own't get pulled up any more or i will miss the end of the auction!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I'm putting my Lone Wolf stuff on this weekend, including Magnamund Companion, but it'll finish next Sunday so you should be OK.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, actually that will mean i won't be here, i meant so say leaving thursday
Ah well, if someone outbids me at the end then so be it : )
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Gambit can bid for you - just name your last price and hand over your password ;o)

Regards, PitD
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

LOL, ebay is all a scam! Poeple just make deals and get suckers to make other bids to jack up the price

Eh, I'll just name my maximum bid and if someone tops it then so be it...I don't want to spend too much, i guess, and i do have a tendancy to be impulsive with purchases sometimes - probably good if i'm not there at the end!
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

On the other hand, you might end up with a handful more things than you hoped for ... you never know :wink:

Regards, PitD
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

that's a mouthful : )
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

So much for "next weekend" as stated above. Five months later, I have finally put some more of this on ebay. I now have Lone Wolf Books 1-10 for sale, all signed by Joe Dever!

Here's the link if anyone's interested -- you'll see a whole bunch of other crap I'm selling too, which will get bigger over the next few days. Will include some better PC games and more FF style books, including the Magnamund Companion.

Gambit's EBAY Auctions
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

*looks left*
*looks right*
*steals Magnamund companion*
mine!
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

Hmm I don't think iIcould ever have the guts to sell my stuff like that no matter how bad it is for me.

Hmm.....Maybe I could buy populous or blood......
Meaningless quote:
Words cannot have meaning unless they're given a meaning, words cannot benifit or harm unless they are allowed to.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Eh? I'm selling this stuff 'cos I have no use for it anymore and it's just taking up space I need for other things. Any money I make from it is a bonus. It's all from a past life that just isn't relevant anymore.
Relig
Craftsman

Post by Relig »

Ya, I had a copy of Lone Wolf way back when... got rid of it after moving one time with a bunch of other D&D games/books/manuals. Wish I didn't now. Oh, well.

However, I still have copies of "Fighting Fantasy Gamebooks" by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone, issue 1 to 3, and Steve Jackson's Sorcery! series too. Don't know if they are worth anything.....

Did anyone try "The Warlock of Firetop Mountain", "Citadel of Chaos", and/or "The Forest of Doom"?? (FF Gamebooks). I bought other issues but decided to keep those. They aren't signed but are still in good condition.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I had the whole series, more or less. Books 1-59! Sold them on eBay recently too...

Sorcery was cool. In fact, it may will be an influence for my spells/runes in my forthcoming CSBWin adventure!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

lol, i remember wanting to do a computer game sequel to sorcery, and from constantly tryign to get those letters in my head writing them for a while i think i can still regurgitate about 35 - 40 of the spells at will!

I thought the game it would DM like, but use three letter combinations or spellcasting of course. i would have it that with you unlockign the secret of the ZED spell, you had managed to produce a few new additions to the spell book (i had twelve new spells worked out) and thought it would be cool to have objects combinable, for both spellcasting (wax on a sword, for instance) and for puzzles

of course, with no programmign talent that remained a pipe dream : )
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Gah, heh heh, talk about fickle. I've decided not sell my Lone Wolf books after all. I got all sentimental weighing them up to find out the postage costs, and I was going to put the Magnamund companion on tonight and just couldn't bring myself to do it! ;-) I realised that while these may be childish memorabilia, they evoke memories that I want to retain, and it's all a part of my childhood. These books gave me something to retreat into during a period when my home life was very tough, and as such, in a way, they actually helped me through a difficult time! So I'm gonna keep them.

Sorry Beowuuf -- comfort yourself in the fact that you wouldn't have been happy with a book with my name in it anyway! ;-)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It might interest you to know that Joe Dever has been selling some of his personal collection over the last year or so on eBay. At least I assume it's Joe -- I doubt anyone else would have access to all this material. He has one final copy of Lone Wolf 28 currently going for £83!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 15425&rd=1

Here's his full list of stuff -- only a day or so left!

http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... =3&rows=50
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

you mean i changed my name by deed poll for nothing??! : )

eh, sometimes you can give away stuff and regret is alot later, so glad you had your change of heart before the sale!

and ok, to spend 60 pounds on the book 27 manuscript would be obscene (left hand grabs right to stop it moving mouse to make bid)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yeah, it's funny -- the last few days I was angry and annoyed (for various reasons) and was just thinking "It's just 'stuff' that I'll never use again and it's taking up space". Then yesterday I thought "But it's my stuff and it still has a meaning for me" (despite what I said in an earlier post!). I'd quite like to collect all the others now, but not at those prices!!!

However, there is an alternative:

http://www.projectaon.org/
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

yeah, i noticed that project a year or so ago and forgot to check up on it
cool, have to look again

and for that reason i haven't thrown any books out, but i got rid of my toys when i was, i forget, early teens as i needed the space and they were just dustcatchers (i used to have them on shelf displays)

stupid now, given thast i just gave away star wars figures, etc that would be worth something monitarily, and more important sentimentally (give to my kids, so they could go 'umm, what the hell is this piece of crap?' and i could go 'it's a bloody transformer, respect soundwave and his tiny cassettes or else no food for you!' and they'd go 'ok, love you dady' and i'd go 'yeah, whatever' *piong* *boom boom* transform! *kkch kccch kcch kch kcccccch* etc *tear* ah, regrets)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I never noticed it before, but The Underdogs has a whole section of freely downloadable gamebooks in PDF format. Some real gems in there, including the Freeway Warrior series which I never even saw in the shops. Time to be 13 again! :-)

http://www.the-underdogs.org/gamebook.php