Hints for your training...

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
HoloCaust

Hints for your training...

Post by HoloCaust »

Hi everybody !

I've been staying on a training point (L3 : 01,14) for a long time now
to train my champions, and I'm seeking for best ways to perform each
skill. And I discovered that "War Cry" allows to gain Priest levels.
It is a bit slower than making potions and so on but it is more simple.

I've got a question :
When I want to gain Wizard levels. Should I mumble many easy spells
(like << FUL) or just a few very hard spells (even if I couldn't) ?

Does somebody have other tips for best training ?

Regards...
IBas

RE: Hints for your training...

Post by IBas »

You shouldent stay on one level for to long becaus later on in the game you will run out of food. you should try easy spells until you can do harder spells becasus you get less expieriance fro not being able too do a spell than being able to pluse the spell you can do will at least help you in some way
Lusiphur

Post by Lusiphur »

Well, I think the best spot for long term training is on L8. There is a room (coordinates 40,11) where rats keep on reappearing. Nearby (coordinates 25,24) is a room with a fountain. There you are : food and water. My advice is to let the rats hurt you (it makes you progress as a warrior) while you make health potions (which make you progress as a priest). I've been doing just that for a year now.
Demoniac

Post by Demoniac »

For a year?!? So, are you an ARCHMASTER yet, or can I give up?
Andy

Post by Andy »

It doesn't matter how long you stay at either of the training sites because the whole point is both sites keep regenerating food supplies for you - the first being screamers and the second being rats! The second is probably the best place simply because there is a very nearby supply of water too.
Lusiphur

Post by Lusiphur »

No, I'm not an archmaster. I don't play regularly (I mean I can stay one month without playing), but I am master level 3 (=) on all skills. And I'm begining to lose hope about ever being archmaster.
Sundeep Nandra

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

I've got one character...Elija...master level 3 Fighter, master level 2 Ninja, master level 3 Priest and master level 4 Wizard...it took a while to get to that stage...and for a while now I've been playing only once each month or two. My technique is to start on level 7 (the one with the pixies, skeletons, mummies and ghosts), to kill all wandering monsters and then to go down to level 9, clearing all wandering monsters to the end of level 11 (knight level). After this (note: the blue ogres on level 10 are very useful for experience), I return to level 8 to kill some rats for food and to collect water from that room and then it's back to level 7 to start all over again.
Vikis

Post by Vikis »

I trained my chars on Amiga using a joystick with Auto fire that I connected to the mouse port. I wielded a rapier since swinging it goes very fast. Further you do not need to hit monsters to gain skill experience if I remember correct..

I trained Gothmog using the Firestaff up to lvl15 (level below Archmaster) using Auto fire joystick+Firestaff..

Think I had to feed them every hour or so.. otherwise they just stood still casting spells (or swinging rapier).

I was at a place where those green tree-like monsters spawn on a mid level.. when killing them they dropped food.
Sundeep Nandra

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

joystick eh? won't work for the PC version though :(....can only use a mouse dammit. Unless maybe I can find something that goes up and down...pressing the button rapidly a bit like Homer Simpson once did when he put on so much weight he was allowed to work from home..hmm but a mouse button needs more force than a key...dammit.
Sundeep Nandra

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

joystick eh? won't work for the PC version though :(....can only use a mouse dammit. Unless maybe I can find something that goes up and down...pressing the button rapidly a bit like Homer Simpson once did when he put on so much weight he was allowed to work from home..hmm but a mouse button needs more force than a key...dammit.