Amiga Kid Dungeon

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Re: Amiga Kid Dungeon

Post by ChristopheF »

Thanks for the information. It confirms that the 2.2 Amiga versions do include a kid dungeon, slightly different from the one found on the Apple IIgs version.
dayday2008
Journeyman

Post by dayday2008 »

You're welcome Christophe, but why did they alter it slightly and not make note of it in the manual?
Revolutionary Greetings!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Why would they need to?
dayday2008
Journeyman

Post by dayday2008 »

So that people would know that it existed of course!
I've never encountered the kid dungeon loading instructions like the one I saw on the DM encyclopedia!
How come people buying the game for the first time in the early 90's, or whenever the 2.2 version was released, were not informed of the kids dungeon?
Revolutionary Greetings!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Maybe it was more of an Easter Egg - something for curious players to discover by accident.
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Ah, right, your grammar was misleading. I see you were actually asking two questions:
Why did they alter it slightly?
Why did they not make a note of it in the manual?

Your question as worded asks "Why did they not mention in the manual that they altered the dungeon slightly?"

:)
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

It is really remarkable that they(FTL) where hardly able to cram the game onto a single disk
and then had enough space left for a hidden dungeon !! unbelievable..

It would have been quite a blast if they had mentioned the alteration in the manual.
imagine the text
(we changed the hidden dungeon a bit in this version. But you don´t even know that a hidden dungeon exists or how to start it, don´t you? - so you can savely ignore this message. It is furthermore also rather unlikely that you own an Apple IIgs copy of dungeon master which comes with a slightly different hidden dungeon than the amiga version you hold in your hands so ... never mind .->Better we don´t mention it at all.)
apart from that a rewrite of the manual would have generated costs.

anyway I should really play this dungeon some time. Is it the one with Halk Gonzo Barbarian?
dayday2008
Journeyman

Post by dayday2008 »

Gambit37 wrote:Ah, right, your grammar was misleading. I see you were actually asking two questions:
Why did they alter it slightly?
Why did they not make a note of it in the manual?

Your question as worded asks "Why did they not mention in the manual that they altered the dungeon slightly?"

:)
Quite right Gambit, I apologize for this mistake, I had not noticed it :? Ooops!
Ameena wrote:Maybe it was more of an Easter Egg - something for curious players to discover by accident.
This could be possible taking into account what zoom said about costs! This way they've created an easter egg, provided that people forgot about it, and also saved money by not having to place the kid dungeon loading instructions in every box.
Does this seem plausible? :|
Revolutionary Greetings!