Things

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Things

Post by Antman »

I used to play chaos for ages on my good old amiga (great machines) but then it broke :( Then I got it for my PC (great machines) and played it happily ever since :)
Then I found this site and realised I could save a whole lot of my useful keys using lockpicks. I also found out how to get behined "DEATH ROW" something which had been bugging me for ages (I played and beat the game without maps or walkthroughs or anything, I felt proud that I could do it myself while some others got stuck). The most hadest bit to figure out was that I had to chuck the corbums across that annoying pit which chucked huge fire balls at me for fun, untill I found out if you open the door you can escape. So I did this and saved thinking i haddefeated this pit of death. That was the reason it took me soooooooooooooo long to win about a year (i had to start again) but i figured it out in the end :)

I found some interesting things like the fake pit at the Ku corbum place allowing you to get the Ros corbum mentioned in my earlier topic. I also found things like if you do most the game then fall into the "surrender your posesions" then wait the wall will just dissapear allowing you to get the onyx key there without surrendering your hard earned posesions.
I'm probably an ameture at this game compared to most people (I can't even get DMute to work). I also managed to every single item in the game and dump all of it in piles below the DDD. If any parts of the trouble people I will be happy to help.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Things

Post by beowuuf »

The 'surrender your possessions' is a cheat....the wall closes only if you are wearing leather boots...probably the first thing you put on your champions from the starting room : )
Don't wear them, keep your possessions!

DMute doesn't work with certain games/saved games (only DM games, and unaltered CSB games)....what's your error message?

Nice one abotu the ROS way thing, don't know if anyone noticed that (hard to see in DMute)..
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Ian C

Post by Ian C »

There is a way to get out of 'Surrender Your Posessions' quite easily. Simple surrender the boots if you're wearing them, you can live without them, I'm sure.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

I don't think I could ever have figured that out. Also the stuff you dump in 'surrender your possessions' pops up somewhere in the dungeon. Can't remember where exactly............
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

One key of b and one iron key appear in each of four ways at different altars.......right?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

The possessions appear in the central alcoves back at the 'supplies for the quick', (along with fun other stuff later...as soon as you enter the junction of ways, the 'random' items are released, and one set of random items should then appear there).
Umm, yup...three altars per way, with a key of b, iron key, or a way item.

Another interesting thing, you can dump items at either the run and jump pit, or down the pit in the 'supplies for the quick' beside the vorpal blade (not the vorpal blade's pit, the one before it), and they will appear at the junction of ways, which means you don't need to get bogged down carrying around alot of stuff on a single player game.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!