Questions on level 2

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Celine
Novice

Questions on level 2

Post by Celine »

Hello, I'm finally going to finish this game! I've never made it past level 8, but I have watched someone else play the whole thing. I usually pick the standard 4-man party, but I'm using only reincarnated Chani and Azizi this time.

I just finished level 2 (choose your door choose your fate) and I have some questions I can't find answers to by looking at the maps and reading the guides. Each of the 6 rooms provides you with one gold key. To finish the floor, you only need 4. Is it then necessary to complete more than 4 rooms? Do the keys come in useful somewhere else? I did not do Creature Cavern, because I don't think there is anything interesting in there. Also, I seem to have a silver coin in my inventory as I leave level 2. Will there be a later use for this or should I remove it from inventory to conserve space?

...and does anyone know why Chani's health occasionally goes down while sleeping? Her magic is restored so much faster than her health!
Celine
Novice

Re: Questions on level 2

Post by Celine »

Ah, crud. Wrong forum, sorry.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You need up to 6 gold keys, five for level 3 (four for the doors, one for bonus door) and 1 for level 4 (shortcut)
But you can get one on level 4 too, and you don't need the short cut so there you go : )
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Wil

Post by Wil »

Advice: first get the 4 keys, get down and grab the axe, you can explore the rest of level2 with a more powerful weapon (if you want)