stuck

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
sam

stuck

Post by sam »

im stuck on level 5, the room with lots of pits and floating snakes, trying to get the winged key. i cant get over to the green buttons. ive tried landing objects on the pads that appear. ive tried visiting all the walls i opened with the 3 secret buttons, i went back to the room with the crossing fireballs and button generated slimedevils and the map says i should be able to open a secret wall in this room (ive already blasted the gate) but i cant.

any ideas, ive been stuck for 2 days now! the only reason im rally doing this bit is to get the ruby key to do dain.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Re: stuck

Post by Paul Stevens »

There is a switch on the west wall of the square at
5(25,11) that toggles a false wall at 5(20,13) which
is two squares north of the green buttons. I think
it toggles.....so press it an odd number of times!
sam

Post by sam »

nope. this toggles a wall that reveals a pad. ive tried landing an object on that pad (which was difficult because there is no wall behind it to bounce an object off) but nothing happens.

the answer seems, from the map, to do with the movable wall at level5, 17, 08. the problem is the map doesnt seem very clear about how to get that wall to open up. the arrows deem to indicate that when you take the vorpal blade from the alcove, the wall should open, but it doesnt.

i have seemingly tried everything! to the stage where now im wondering if its a bug!

actually, whilst im here, i have two other questions that have bugged me since i first played this on an st years ago...

there are a pair of boots of speed behind a ra gate near the ful ya pit that doesnt have a lock on it... how do you open this?

also, somebody in another post mentioned that there are 4 pairs of boots of speed in CSB but on the maps there are only two pairs listed, why is that?

any help will be mighty appreciated!
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Did you close the pit at 5(19,12)?

You need to step on the pad at 5(18,11) while holding
the Orange Gem. Then close the pit at 5(22,12) by stepping
on the pad at 5(19,13). Then press the tiny switch 5(25,11)3
and proceed to 5(23,12) to 5(22,12) to 5(22,11) to 5(20,12)
to 5(20,13) and then straight south to the green switches.

At least that is what I have always done. Many, many times.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Boots of Speed.

Put four Key-Of-B into the lock at 0(46,40)0 and simply
walk in and take the boots.
sam

Post by sam »

i havnt closed the pit at 5 (19,12) because i cant get to the pad at 5(18,11) because there is wall blocking me at 5(17,08).

i cant get this damn wall to open! ive tried orange gems, green gems, and all sorts of hullabaloo and it still.stays.shut!
sam

unstuck

Post by sam »

in true DM style i have realised what i was doing wrong... i didnt realise you could walk through the fake wall to get around to the pad.

crisis over, thanks for all your help!!