level 2

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
arsouille
Apprentice

level 2

Post by arsouille »

hello
can somebody it say to me if one can pass has this level of the part ranging between 08/23, 17/23 with part 19/23, 23/25 by putting an object on the plates of pressure or if it is necessary to pass by another way?
I went in part 07 has 37/05 and 07 A 37/34 and 32 but I do not see or is the movable wall has 32/30 to arrive has 22/26
thank you if someone can help me
if Christophe can answer in french is better or if Lunever can help me thanks for the help
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Re: level 2

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Hi arsouille,

with which maps are you working? I am not sure I can follow the coordinates you give here...

Regards, PitD
arsouille
Apprentice

Post by arsouille »

i am with the maps of this site at level 2
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

I will try to guess you meaning, unfortunately I cannot offer you french since I can hardly understand that ;)

If I understand correctly, you are now at the DDD (Diabolical Demon Director) and trying to get to the Ku (Fighter's) way. If you come up the stairs to level 2 (8,23), there are two pits in that direction.

The first pit (13,23) can only be opened by stepping with your party on the pressure plate on the other side, which opens/closes the pit each time you do this. To get there, you first have to fight your way through the black flames (10,22-12,21) to reach that area, but beware, there are triggers generating new ones if you step forward.

If you reach the second pit (17,23) you will probably first have to fight at least one demon to get some peace. The only way I know of to reach the fighter way (Ku) is to jump into that pit and then follow the stairs up again. After facing a golem you will reach the "Death row" area. The wall you referred to will pop up there when you reach (30,30) and only vanish very shortly before the knights reach you. If you follow this corridor to the end, you can open the false wall at (34,6) with a button nearby.

Good luck, I hope I guessed your questions correctly.

Regards, PitD
arsouille
Apprentice

Post by arsouille »

thank you for your answer I am now in a part after having killed the
dragons and in the wall one says to me to use the power tower but in
the found chests in this level I did not find anything of this name
and in the list of the items I do not see anything of this name is
what I must launch a fate I am on the level 3 but with the plans for
the Windows version which for this level 3 are not the same ones as
for the Amiga version
arsouille
Apprentice

Post by arsouille »

i have find the tower power is a clothe i have on me
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Then you should be quite close to getting the corbum of the fighter way...

Regards, PitD
arsouille
Apprentice

Post by arsouille »

hello
I would like to know how to close the pit at 16/20 level 2 to be able to reach has the part of ROS
thank you for the answer
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

It is opened by fulfilling several somewhat complex conditions, but if I remember correctly, these were:

1) You have to have passed through the Dragon Maze from Ros at z4/x31/y23.

2) You must have chased a Skeleton to z4/21/23 and teleport it beyonnd the gate south of it with the button at z4/x22/y/22 and killed it through the gate on that very position (i.e. with poison bolts), so the falling Falchion/Wooden shield open the gate.

3) Probably you have to use the Magnifier or the Mirror of Dawn upon the eye switch behind that gate, I don't know for sure.

4) You have to use the switch at z02/x16/y19.

5) Maybe you have to throw something something southward into the DDD, don't know for sure.

6) Paul R. Stevens once wrote a thread about this in this forum, you might be busy searching for a while, but I think it is explained more thoroughly there.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
arsouille
Apprentice

Post by arsouille »

thank you for the answer
I will try to make like you to me it say, on the other hand I had arrived has to put a skeleton behind the grid out of iron but it was destroyed before I kill it or even if I kill it the grid does not open is necessary it to put several skeletons behind this grid?
arsouille
Apprentice

Post by arsouille »

thanks
i have kill the skeleton behind the grid and it is the turqoise key who open the gate after
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Yes, but the door with the turquoise key is not for Ros, that is the Neta path. The Ros path continues at z02/x18/y20.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
arsouille
Apprentice

Post by arsouille »

hello
I do not have any more that the corbum of dain has to take, I would like to know how to close the pit on level 2 to 12/25 and to reach staircase 56 to be able to go up on level 1 of Dain and if it is the good road?
thank you
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Hi arsouille,

the pit on 2(12,25) is closed by putting permanent weight (i.e. a boulder or something) on the pressure plate at 2(12,23). And yes, the staircase "56" on 2(20,30) is the right way to proceed with the Dain way, as the wall inscription to be found at 2(20,27) will confirm...

Regards, PitD
arsouille
Apprentice

Post by arsouille »

thanks
i have the 4 corbums and i can finish the game now
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Very good. Enjoy the top level.