Dungeon Master II Set UP problem!!!!!

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Cecil

Dungeon Master II Set UP problem!!!!!

Post by Cecil »

I have the Sound Blaster PC164 for my PC and it's not in the list of the compatible soundcards for the Dungeon Master II Set up. Help!!!!!!!! What can I do? When I try to "detect", it "stucks"!!! Any ideas??? Please?? Thanks in advance!
Sundeep Nandra

Re: Dungeon Master II Set UP problem!!!!!

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

Okay I had that problem. I did manage to resolve it...it's just kinda tempremental. I think I went for plain Sound Blaster (unless it isn't available in which case choose something close to that). DO NOT auto detect. When you load the game, you must make sure that you get BOTH music and sound. I've always found that the first time I try it after installing (I bought the game when it came out) that I get the music and no sound. If you don't get the sound, go back to the setup program and try changing the sound card (as opposed to the MIDI card). You have to keep messing about in the setup program until it finally works (I'll try and get you more specific instructions soon).

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”