DM2 Hacking, What's the problem?!

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Blade

DM2 Hacking, What's the problem?!

Post by Blade »

I've been hacking games with hex editors since i was kneehigh to a grass hopper....How come noone's been able to crack the whole money thing? back when DM2 was released, I'm pretty sure I was able to make money in a moneybox, tried it recently and couldn't isolate it :(...I'm in the process of DL'ing the full version from chris right now, and am gonna give it another shot. Any of you guys had luck here? I haven't even SEEN a money hack, editor or tips on how to isolate it. I KNOW the moneybox is the way to go,...
Sundeep Nandra

Re: DM2 Hacking, What's the problem?!

Post by Sundeep Nandra »

good luck to you...you don't really need it but regardless, good luck. I've never tried it personally.
lazygamer
Novice

Post by lazygamer »

I guess you can do that if you want, but I don't see the need for game cheats unless you want to say "look at me im l33t, w00t!". :)

I would rather see people trying to make an editor for an engine by hacking it, then just trying to create a cheat.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Ooooh, great point lazygamer. I don't know that anybody has been able to crack the engine and creat an editor for DM2 (a la Dmute, or the final version of rtc if we get to see it...please please...). wouldn't that kick seven kinds of ass with DM2? Personally, I am not talented enough to attempt such an undertaking. But I would be happy to assist anybody who needed help trying...I don't care about the characters, I would like to be able to edit items,... Money, swords, armor....It will open up a whole new frontier (unless rtc comes first, PLEASE. PLEAAASE.....)

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”