Help please - more setup problems

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ian

Help please - more setup problems

Post by Ian »

Sorry to sound like a wuss but I'm durned if I can get setup to work on my Celeron 466, 256Mb system. I downloaded the main file and patch from this site (thanks heaps to the providers) and followed the install directions to the letter but after the install there is no 'DM2' file of any kind, either exe or bat.
The 'setup' operation itself seems to work ok, and walks through the sound setting without probs, producing both music and sound on my 6 year old Creative SB16 card. But after that, I can't progress further, (and there's no mention of any setup for video, should there be?) Hitting 'Install' just seems to redo out the patching process in DOS, and trying 'Skull' locks up the whole thing.
I'm not much further ahead with the Amiga version, but that's another story.......any suggestions for the PC would be much appreciated.
Ian

Re: Help please - more setup problems

Post by Ian »

As I said in my previous post, after downloading the game and patch from here I couldn't get it to run, I think the main problem was the lack of DM2.bat. However, I managed to find a smaller version of DM2 here: oldgames.kvalitne.cz/gam/d.htm and found I could combine files from this version with the first one, (which has about 7-8Mb more files, and presumably has more content). I added DM2.bat, overwrote the skull.cfg which got me SFX (music was ok anyway) and found that if I edited the Eregcard.ini to read 4 2 4 instead of 2 0 2 it removed the reg message. It seems to be ok now.
Cheers.
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Re: Help please - more setup problems

Post by ChristopheF »

I'll publish an updated procedure in a few days. The thing to know is that what is in the archive on this site is an exact copy of the contents of the original DM2 CD. So you have to install the game (install.Exe) prior to playing.

Christophe

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”