Has anyone ever got Archmasters b4?

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Dave

Has anyone ever got Archmasters b4?

Post by Dave »

I'm currently working on getting Torham and Graen to Archmasters, has anyone ever done that before in DMII?
Christopher

Re: Has anyone ever got Archmasters b4?

Post by Christopher »

Yes. Archmaster is very easy to get for wizards and preists. Just cast a lot of Attack, Guard, and Carry Minnions. Before my computer became crappy and unable to run DM2, I had all my champions at archmaster levels for Wizard and Priest and at least Pal level Fighters and Um level Ninjas. I also got to the point where I had almost all of the money in DM2. If only I could play that game again.
Paul Evans
Novice

Post by Paul Evans »

Is there a limit to the amount of money in DM2 then?
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

I think so. I remember selling items and getting improper change back. I don't remember which units of money they ran out of though. I'm guessing the money thing may be like the weapons or items which have a number limit.
Slysar

Post by Slysar »

Yea money is limitless. Selling mushrooms and stuff after the axe and steal sales play out is another way to make money.
Also in the bat caves and lower castle ground, green gems come out of the walls. They regenerate themselves every while or so. Running around after those makes you able to buy everything in the game (I've cleaned out every shop of everything on one character) And NO I don't have a life:P
FallenSeraphin
Adept

Post by FallenSeraphin »

Was the point of you having a life ever at the discussion table ?
Shalist

stats

Post by Shalist »

What kinda stats did you have up in the archmaster range?

I know gains are a little random, but hp/mana are pretty constant. just wondering if everyone can lug around tech plate armor at that lvl w/ ease yet, and if everyone has like 800 hp and 500 mana .

---

oh, and did you notice a huge increase in melee/arrow damage w/ fighter/ninja levels, aside from the stat boost? ie, getting those lucky 250+ dmg vorax swings more regularly, or actually being able to kill stuff w/ arrows?

oh well, off to get a few levels myself. Man, i'm afraid to think of how easy draegoth would be if I had archmasters in my party...
SecretMaster
Neophyte

Post by SecretMaster »

I never got grandmasters, but I did get bane to get really high in spellcasting. My party took a lot of damage, but there is nothing better than a UM Master Warrior with a Artisan Mage packing some steele.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”