Is there a DM2 for Windows?

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Daniel (Sweden)
Craftsman

Is there a DM2 for Windows?

Post by Daniel (Sweden) »

Hello Folks!

I resently discovered that Paul Stevens and George Gilbert each had made a Windows port of my two favourite games of all time: DM and CSB. This gave my life meaning again (cause my new computer cant handle the sound i old Dos games). I have been looking around on this homepage and I have seen that there are many great projects going on with clones and ports and... well...many things beyond my skill of comprehension.
But...is there any port of DM2 to windows or any program that can make it work in the normal Windows environment (it seems like DM2 doesn´t like windows, and my computer cant handle the game in dos, unfortunately)??

Thanks in advance?

Yours desperatly Sincerely / Daniel (Sweden)
Jardice
Artisan

Re: Is there a DM2 for Windows?

Post by Jardice »

At this time no since the coding for it is more complicated than the older Dm games(i think, I'm not really sure)
Meaningless quote:
Words cannot have meaning unless they're given a meaning, words cannot benifit or harm unless they are allowed to.
Ken White

Re: Is there a DM2 for Windows?

Post by Ken White »

Not sure, but if you start your windows PC with the rescue disk created during windows installation, it gives you a DOS session which WILL run DM2. You do need to add a dos mouse driver, though, but there are plenty to download on the web

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”