anyone making DM2 for java

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
James Lloyd

anyone making DM2 for java

Post by James Lloyd »

just wanted to know if anyone is considering creating a DM2 for java, if no one is, i might as well start it, even though im not good at doing stuff like this.
Harkonnen

Re: anyone making DM2 for java

Post by Harkonnen »

As far as I know, no one has started - yet.
The main reason was that there was not good extractor for graphics data. Right now there is - Graphread, you can download it from Miscellaneous Files forum. But it doesn't grab all the graphics, the rate is about 80-90%.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Unless you mean the actual game, not just a dungeon...then no, i don't know if anyone will ever do that
But yes, there is enough things in place with DMJ to a decent job, i would have thought...
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Strahd

Post by Strahd »

Me and two friends of mine are remaking DM2 (not for java but totaly new engine and all) and it will be put somwhere on the net so you'll be able to download it but it ain't gonna happen any time soon. If you guys are interested I'll post printscreens and update you as we go.
Jardice
Artisan

Post by Jardice »

I'm interested. Let's see what's been done.

BTW:This is Jardice Chalice. I'm having some trouble with the forum not remembering my password.
Meaningless quote:
Words cannot have meaning unless they're given a meaning, words cannot benifit or harm unless they are allowed to.
Tymaul

Post by Tymaul »

i really would love to see DM2 for java, infact i posted on the Dmjava boards before about it, no response, to me DM2 is prolly one of the best games of all time, so much more to do than DM1 and chaos strikes back!

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”