i need help!!! (DM2)

Dead posts cluttering up the front page of certain non-RTC forums are kept here. Threads have the forum subject attached, except custom dungeon threads (which are obvious)
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ben

i need help!!! (DM2)

Post by Ben »

i am an absolute spastic!!! i am having lots and lots of trouble trying to get dungeon master 2 installed on my windows 98 computer. please help me !?! i have tried to install this game for a few days now [yes as you would have found out by now i have no idea how to use a computer :( ] i have looked over and over at the install instructions and get lost at step 4 down of install. So could somebody out there please lend say 5 - 10 mins of their time to write a spastic (me) some detailed instructions. You dont understand how much this would mean to me... please help
Christopher

Re: i need help!!!

Post by Christopher »

The topic in this forum called Solution for Installing DM2 on PC (or something like that) might help you. I don't know what all you have downloaded, and what all you have tried, so I don't know if I can add anything useful yet. It's an older topic so to find it, scroll down to the bottom of the topics page and click on older messages (you may have to do this more than once). I'm sure there is some topic somewhere that can help you better then I can. If you still have no luck, and nobody else has replied to this topic with the answer, respond with what all for DM2 you have downloaded (or do you have the actual game?). I have two copies of the game myself, and neither would work without me downloading the cutemouse file from this site. Did you download that yet?
Ben

Post by Ben »

thanks heaps christopher for the help i have no idea how to use computers but i gotta get this game workin cos its a childhood thing where i used to play at me friends house. i will try the cutemouse cos i didnt think i needed that cos my mouse works ::shrugs shoulders:: i will try your suggestions and may verywell need to contact you later. thankyou again for you generosity and for giving up some of your time for me

Ben
Ben

Post by Ben »

umm sorry to bother you but yea im still havin trouble. i have these files dm2.zip (12 933 KB i think i downloaded it right from the spanish site thats recommended) and the dm2pcpatch.rar (259 KB from this site) and the cutemouse like you said but i dont think im up to it yet!

this is what i do:

done through windows:

1. unzip both dm2 and dm2 patch into separate folders
2. copy dm2 patch (unzipped stuff - install.exe, skull.exe etc) to unzipped dm2 folder. (both unzipped folders are in C:/windows directory)
3. burn the dm2 unzipped folder to a cd

done through DOS:

4. access the burnt cd and run the install.exe (now i dont think it installs properly there as it copies 4 files and the comes up with a bad command error?!? why i do not know. should it? then it finishes)

so i dont think its installing properly at all, can you help me through it or correct my errors above then i can try again. thanks christopher it means heaps to me if u could
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

Dungeon Master II for PC and Amiga are now available again here:

http://dungeonmaster.9online.fr/Dungeon ... miga10.rar

Many thanks to Wolfverine who supplied the web space for these files.

Ben, can you try again with this DM2 archive ?
Ben

Post by Ben »

thanks heaps i will try again

ben
dungeon.master

Post by dungeon.master »

Hi !

I had more difficulties to run DM 2, but now it runs (i have win 98 SE) :

-unzip DM2 and DM2 patch on C:
copy the files of DM2 patch on the folder of DM2

-unzip "DM PC BootDisk.rar" (you find it on download area) on C:
run it with a blank disk on A: it make a boot disk

-unzip "DM PC SBLiveWaveset.rar" on C:

- use non USB mouse (it bugs after some minutes; i change to ancien mouse : runs fine)

-shut down your PC

-put the boot disk on A: and run the PC;
give answer for sound card and when you're on A: go to the folder of DM2 and type DM2

-Good Game !!!!!!!!!!

Bye

dungeon.master
richard

Post by richard »

the problem people wher have with the Instructions was that they wher for a copy the cd but the version of the game people wher downloading was the copy of the game from some ones hhd. so you dont need to run the crack (but the Instructions on this site say that you need to run the crack which confused alot of people)