Wall Switches (DMBuilder)

Use this forum to discuss dungeon editors and other tools, like DMute (by George Gilbert, also working for RTC dungeons), DM Builder (by Sphenx), and ADGE by `rain. Includes DM editing tips and tricks.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Wes

Wall Switches (DMBuilder)

Post by Wes »

When setting up wall switches to activate doors they work like they should but I can not get the graphics to change from switch out to switch in, i have tried everything, i even set them up exactly like in the orginal dm game. I am using DMBuild 0.85. Any one have some idea on what i should do?

Also what does the "Depth" mean?

Thanks
Wes
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Wall Switches

Post by beowuuf »

1. The graphical toggle is a seperate thing fro mthe door opening.
I haven't used the latest versions, but for older DMBuilders, what you do is:

a) create another wall object, with the opposite graphic, on the same tile
b) To start with make it active by hand, point it to the top left corner, with a facing '1' - it don't matter what the effect is, because...
c) Make the object innactive

This should create the 'toggler' wall object that toggles the graphics with the door activating switch.

2. Depth of a dungeon level affects experience gained by the party, toughness of monsters generated, and if depth = 0, also creates the permanent lighting effect of the Hall of Champions level
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!

Return to “Editors and Tools (DMute, DM Builder, ADGE, etc.)”