OK, folks. Which is the best version of DM II?

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Grey

OK, folks. Which is the best version of DM II?

Post by Grey »

Which is the best version in terms of visuals and gameplay?

Post by Guest »

Greetings!

I would say the PC version, thats the one I liked best. But I must add: The amiga version did have more scary music. But alltogether the PC (MS-DOS) version was most fun playing! Well...that is my opinon!

Sheers!

/Daniel (Sweden)
Bowser
Neophyte

Post by Bowser »

DM2 for the PC is the best around.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Only one that I ever could make work was on Amiga - so I'll vote for that one ;o)

Regards, PitD
IAmTheAdder

Emulation Kit - can't download :(

Post by IAmTheAdder »

On the Amiga page of the DMCSB Encyclopaedia, it says:

Download this Amiga Emulation Kit (Kickstart + Workbench + WinUAE configuration files): Amiga Emulation Kit - Rar file, 691 KB

When I try to do this, it begins to download and says that the file it is downloading is 691K, but then the download stops at 26K. I end up with a .RAR file on my hard drive which is 26K and corrupt. Why does the download stop at 26K?
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

Probably a problem with your browser cache or proxy server. Are you using a proxy server? If yes, can you try without it?
And empty your browser cache and try again.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

If it still doesn't download properly, simply try again with a different download manager, like DAP+ instead of IE for example.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
Archaion

Post by Archaion »

The Amiga had SUPERB and Scary music!
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Maybe soon the RTC version will be an option to favour...
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

maybe it's just me but... as RTC was based on the Amiga versions of DM, it could use the DM2 amiga graphics.. :roll:
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Linflas: I agree. Yet while the PC grafix have that awfull cartoony style they are technically more recent, so I can see why George would choose them rather than the Amiga ones. Maybe once RTC-DM2 will be complete we can create a version with alternate grafics, shouldn't be that dificult to convert once the dungeon itself is working properly. After all there are alternate versions for DM1 too in RTC, albeit not grafically different ones.
Daecon
Expert

Post by Daecon »

I think the contrast of the graphical detail between monsters from DM and DMII (PC version) are too different, it makes me less inclined to use monsters from both games when designing a dungeon because it feels inconsistent. Using DMII (Amiga version) graphics with the Original DM/CSB feels better because they have the same level of resolution.

It's the same with DM/SCB Character portraits vs. DMII Character portraits. I would't want to include BOTH in the same game because the styles are just to different.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

ZoKathRa wrote:Using DMII (Amiga version) graphics with the Original DM/CSB feels better because they have the same level of resolution.
The resolution is the same -- it's the larger colour palette on the PC that makes all the difference.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Yet I agree with ZoKathRa - having the Amiga grafics availble to include them into custom dungeons, especially custom dungeons that you started to design before the current DM2 demo was done, might be a great gain for dungeon designers.
purple1
Adept

Post by purple1 »

The Macintosh version is the best because it will run on any Macintosh (not sure about new Intel ones) FLAWLESSLY. Mac OS 7.5.3 all the way to 10.4.7.
$eoub!!!
Apprentice

Post by $eoub!!! »

Well, for me now, the RTC version is the best :D
Past...Pasta ? Pastaga !
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

I played the PC version origianlly, but have to say never liked the double step thing, so DM2 on RTC is the one for me :)

A
Regards,

Andy
Walter Mitty
Novice

Post by Walter Mitty »

I didn't actually get a PC until 1999, so the only version I have played of DM2 is the Sega CD version. It runs kind of slowly, but I never had much problem with it.
Suule
On Master

Post by Suule »

I say: PC version. Despite the cartoony graphics it offers a decent speed and best gameplay.

BUT. I'd rather have the DM2BETA graphics (or at least Amiga ones) instead of cartoony ones.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”