Search parameters/options

Announcements about changes to the forums will be posted here. Also for suggestions and requests for technical assistance, etc.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Search parameters/options

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Cows: Is there any way to receive the results of a search (for example: Author and a keyword from the text) in one long file (txt would be good) containing all the separate posts? I'm asking because what I'm looking for would mean reading through hundreds if not thousands of posts not related to the desired result.

Regards, PitD
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Cowsmanaut - can you please tell me if there is a solution for my question if you know the answer?

Regards, PitD
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I don't think it's possible using the phpBB software as is. But it would easy to write a custom script to interrogate the database and give back the data you want...
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

crap.. meant to answer this one and I got sidetracked.. sooo sorry PITD!!!

I think i was also partly hoping Gambit or someone more in the know about this stuff would jump in and save my ass.. Thanks Gambit ;)

Keep in mind that all I do is pay for the webspace and URL.. ocasionaly make images for the site and prance around like a little show pony ;) Beyond that I'm rather like tits on a bull.. if you pardon the expression. ;) (and if you didn't get that.. keep in mind I'm calling myself cowsmanaut.. and in any images I've done of the character it's been a male cow with an udder... while unintentional it is sadly symbolic) ;)

moo
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

No problem at all I am stubborn as a cretin like a friend of mine used to say. Since I cannot write scripts I'll have to do it the hard way... oh well. Thanks for answering !

Regards, PitD

BTW: Pardoned of course ;o) We're not at school here, after all...